Destroy directly to Sun headed ships

Reaction score
    TLDR; Destroy entities without loading that sector, that are sent via fleet commands directly to the sun.

I often had this urge, to send big ships into the sun, that had some damage, or some cargo containers that are filled to bursting with junk. There they should just melt to dust. I did not want to fly there myself, so the sector gets loaded ofcourse. I just wanted to watch them on my galaxy map travel and then suddenly vanish - maybe with a little popup: "Because they forgot to bring their sunscreen, they quickly disipated under the hot rays of the sun."

Yes we have shipyards to deconstruct that stuff, but sometimes it's just itching in my fingers. Sometimes I just have a very big ship with thousand of docked turrets, and my shipyard is still too small.

Anyway. I know that this should not happen, if you let a ship in a fleet fly through a sun to another direction, this would be to complicated. But why not destroy ships, that are heading straigth into the sun, as soon as they arive there? Maybe even give a message like: "Warning, sending your ships directly into the sun will destroy them as soon as they arive there. Consider changing your orders."

I don't think that is outside of realism, to not destroy ships, that are heading through the sund but not straight to it as destination. Those ships might be clever enough, to make a turn around them.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    StarMades use of loaded and unloaded sectors gets in the way of this. In a loaded sector the ship melts. In an unloaded sector well nothing happens in an unloaded structure. No Star melt or anything else for that matter. Only some virtual things like fleet movement. But sectors do not have a type flag that could say hang on this is a Star sector.

Those ships might be clever enough, to make a turn around them.
    I think that some serious advances in AI maneuvers need to be made for that to happen. Given that ship AI currently can only circle a target or fly in a strait line.

Reaction score
    I was not talking about loading any sector. I was talking about a blunt entity_destroy_dock command as soon as any ship is rendered right inside the sun on my galaxy map. Not inside a loaded sector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    A "burnt up in a star" simulated event would add some immersion and make people actually think when ordering thier fleets about.