Derelict station shooting me?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Idk if this is a bug or what. I found a derelict station (in singleplayer) and i wanted to get rid of the turret, so i started shooting at where the turret attaches to the station, all of a sudden the turret starts shooting me and if i didn't have my jump drive charged i would have gotten rekt. im just curious if this is a bug or intentional.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    this is a bug or intentional
    You ran into an ETA Derelict Station. The turrets on that one are old but do work. The Bobby AI on them is on. They are neutral but if you shoot them then they will shoot back. The big turret can really hurt.

You can before shooting them faction them and then they work for you. The faction module is on the bottom of the the turret near the Core. The Bobby AI is there to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Or you can do what we do,take over control of station via the build block and turn the turrets into a fleet and send them after a pirate station.Just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Or you can do what we do,take over control of station via the build block and turn the turrets into a fleet and send them after a pirate station.Just sit back and watch the fireworks.
    Yeah that works well. Though the big turret uses more power for the shots then it can generate on it's own after you undock it. I tend to remove some of the cannon modules to get it power stable.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the help ive played the game for years but took a break and didnt come back till about 1 month ago, i kinda miss the old stations lol.