darkshipyard 2017

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For a dark ship yard, that's a bright ship. Anyways, what I would suggest doing with those wings is smoothing them some how, (Using corners in alternating angles allows for slanted designs). A lot of the ship's rounded details could really use the help from some wedges. However, you are experimenting with the gradual use of slabs and that is a huge step in the right direction.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    hi darkshipyard is for (darknassius shipyard not for darkness ^^)

the build is juste the shape not smoothing and no details , only starting shape ;)

slowly work in progress i m looking other shape with the same ship

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Good a new thread. Your old one was a tad long.

Reaction score
    NOOOOOO. You can't post in this thread yet. It is NOT 2017 yet. You must wait at least 6 days first.

Also, I think I need to change my avatar image again. Christmas Gandalf the White is a bit outdated already....

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    i make weapons and the interior of the ship :
    rapid explosives canons (green )
    guided explosives missiles (yellow)
    explosives laser

1.jpg 2.jpg

i make reactor and some shape details and is finish

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I quite enjoy the varied organic curves on that otherwise incredibly militaristic vehicle. I get the feeling that it would fly very fast and in very maneuverable ways. I guess you could say it's functional and honestly reminisced of a fighter aircraft!

I'd like to see some different paints as well, experiment with the other color hulls but keep that shape- you could repaint copies of it and have a collection of colorful fighters.

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I definitely think you approach design for a functional perspective rather than an aesthetic one yet you're building the body with systems in mind, which is quite potent as you do not have to worry about the chassis not having enough space for your systems. However, I also would like to suggest learning how to build beginning with the shell instead of systems as Starmade is a game that is ever changing so quickly at times, and future-proofing your projects by making empty shells allows you adapt to the current meta without going through the pain of hollowing out your stuff!