Dalmont Q&A - Let em' Rip!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Curious about how I'd represent your interests to the development team?

Ask whatever you like and I'll do my best to answer!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you could pick 8 people to be on the council with you, who would they be?

We know that your an amazing ship builder, but what about your other skills within the game?

Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    If you could pick 8 people to be on the council with you, who would they be?

We know that your an amazing ship builder, but what about your other skills within the game?
    • Keptick
    • Pi-Rex
    • SkylordLuke
    • Vanhelzing
    • Mariux
    • Crusade
    • Crimson-Artist
    • AAlexandrosTGreat

As for other skills; I know a lot about the actual structure of the game, particularly LUA script integration and NPC / AI mechanics.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Keptick
    • Pi-Rex
    • SkylordLuke
    • Vanhelzing
    • Mariux
    • Crusade
    • Crimson-Artist
    • AAlexandrosTGreat
    I know that you won't get to chose the other members, but this seems awefully limited to one side of the community.

Do you not feel the council should consist of people from a wider selection of play styles?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    I know that you won't get to chose the other members, but this seems awefully limited to one side of the community.

Do you not feel the council should consist of people from a wider selection of play styles?
    A wide variety of play styles would be ideal. My compatriots here share a lot in common yes, but on an individual level their skill-sets and specialties are all over the board. My selections were also based on ability to function in a team-oriented environment.

Reaction score
    Hi!
    You kept relatively quiet here, especially compared to your well deserved fame as a ship creator... so i have a lot of questions:
    What are your thoughts on the current balancing?
    In your eyes, what are the 5 worst things currently in Starmade?
    What balance-change/implementation/suggestion would you like to see implemented?
    What balance-change/implementation/suggestion would you completely oppose?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    hey :D
    1.when you discovered starmade,what made you stay?
    2.if you could put one feature(huge or small) in starmade,what would it be?
    3.do you plan on starting a religion of Dalmont worshipers?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Do you think Starmade will have a vanilla survival mode someday?

(My idea of Starmade Survival would include: Medkits, no build mode, oxygen, slower salvaging, Inclusion of tools dedicated to certain applications such as drills for mining or GPSs for short-ranged radar, collision damage, cabin decompression in the event of a hull breach, etc.)

Also do you like dancing?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    A wide variety of play styles would be ideal. My compatriots here share a lot in common yes, but on an individual level their skill-sets and specialties are all over the board. My selections were also based on ability to function in a team-oriented environment.
    They may all be better builders in some areas, but they are all still primarily focused on building. Why not include server admins, faction members, survival players, all of these people are key to the community. Should they not be represented aswell?

(not poking at you or anything, just curious as to how people feel this should all be done)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    Hi!
    You kept relatively quiet here, especially compared to your well deserved fame as a ship creator... so i have a lot of questions:
    What are your thoughts on the current balancing?
    In your eyes, what are the 5 worst things currently in Starmade?
    What balance-change/implementation/suggestion would you like to see implemented?
    What balance-change/implementation/suggestion would you completely oppose?
    -Lack of variety in Survival (More pirates, more planet types, creatures, etc.).

-There are NO incentives to build a smaller ship, bigger is better (statistically). Same goes for different ship types (IE Freighters / Bombers) when it could all be done in a giant cube.

-AI accuracy is sketchy at best, either laser-guided or like lobbing a golf ball into another solar system.. with a slingshot... blindfolded.

-Nothing you can really do as an astronaut that couldn't be better accomplished in build mode.

-Clear documentation for new players.

Balance wise, i'd like to see directional thrust and capital systems implemented asap to help out with size balance.

While I'm not opposed to any one particular suggestion; the HP system idea does make me cringe, but i'll wait until more complete details are available.

hey :D
    1.when you discovered starmade,what made you stay?
    2.if you could put one feature(huge or small) in starmade,what would it be?
    3.do you plan on starting a religion of Dalmont worshipers?
    1. I almost didn't the lag was brutal back then! But the idea of being able to hang-out inside a ship that I created and fly around the universe overcame that for me.

2. One feature? Procedural Pirates / Traders / NPC factions / Quests.

3. Of course! We'll have cake every Wednesday and talk about space. Then plot to assimilate the cult of Skylord.

Do you think Starmade will have a vanilla survival mode someday?

(My idea of Starmade Survival would include: Medkits, no build mode, oxygen, slower salvaging, Inclusion of tools dedicated to certain applications such as drills for mining or GPSs for short-ranged radar, collision damage, cabin decompression in the event of a hull breach, etc.)

Also do you like dancing?
    I think its a large-part of the long term plan. Or at least I hope it is. Its something I feel is sorely missing, and that would give meaning to the ships we build. Right now they serve no more than pieces of art that can shoot or provide places to roleplay.

Collision damage and specialized tools are a must for sure. Also... dancing FTW.

They may all be better builders in some areas, but they are all still primarily focused on building. Why not include server admins, faction members, survival players, all of these people are key to the community. Should they not be represented aswell?

(not poking at you or anything, just curious as to how people feel this should all be done)
    Server Admins, or rather server owners tend to be fictionalized and dedicated to their one small piece of the community, as are faction leaders. Not that that is a bad thing, but objectivity is extremely important in matters of development. That isn't to say their contributions aren't important however.

With respect to my preference for builders I find that from the survivalist, and mod maker to the most aesthetically motivated content creators and roleplayers, we're all builders at some level. After all, thats what makes StarMade what it is.