"Customizable" Blueprint

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So basically, the idea will be to be able to change some block in the blueprint. I explain, Example, when i build an icanth or something like that and i don't love the red light, if i buy a new one, i will click the red light, and i can change it for a white light in the blueprint

Second exemple cause i don't think it's really clear, If i don't want the grey standard armor cause i got a red crystal one in my inventory, then i will click the grey standard armor name in the blueprint, then a list will appears whit all the armor cube and i will choose the one i want to replace it. So if it was a Grey standar armor tetra, all the tetra armor will appears in the choice. So like that you can "customize your blueprint to get stronger ship or better look for you faster then replacing all cube one by one

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    So basically, the idea will be to be able to change some block in the blueprint. I explain, Example, when i build an icanth or something like that and i don't love the red light, if i buy a new one, i will click the red light, and i can change it for a white light in the blueprint

Last example cause i don't think it's really clear, If i don't want the grey standard armor cause i got a red crystal one in my inventory, then i will click the grey standard armor name in the blueprint, then a list will appears whit all the armor cube and i will choose the one i want to replace it. So if it was a Grey standar armor tetra, all the tetra armor will appears in the choice. So like that you can "customize your blueprint to get stronger ship or better look for you faster then replacing all cube one by one
    that is actually a neat idea! it would be awesome to have that

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is interesting, but wouldn't work all that well with large ships (because interiors and colour matching), the build mode filter would work better some cases because mass replace isn't always what people want.

I believe shipyards will have a feature where you can load up a BP (without using any blocks) and you can modify the ship before you try to spawn it. Would that fit in along what you want?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is interesting, but wouldn't work all that well with large ships (because interiors and colour matching), the build mode filter would work better some cases because mass replace isn't always what people want.

I believe shipyards will have a feature where you can load up a BP (without using any blocks) and you can modify the ship before you try to spawn it. Would that fit in along what you want?
    It can be an other idea if this don't work. I agree whit the fact that colors will not match in big ship but personally, whit the exemple of the light, i don't really love the magma light and the red light and red board etc (almost everything red)And it will take a lot's of time to modify all the light for a whit one and it will be faster whit my idea

So yeah, For me, the two idea are good dependent the context.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think I have heard devs talk about making blueprints easier to use. This may have been what they were referring to. Neat though!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Changing blocks may not be the only way to edit blueprints, but I think it would be a quick, easy, and valuable tool to add to the ole' builder's toolbox. Possible sticking point: when changing a block type, the player may pick a block that's already part of the blueprint, consolidating block types that match. Therefore, blueprint edits should be undo-able.

Don't forget to click "Agree" on the OP if you like the idea.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps some blueprint|community-content descriptions will contain
    primary|secondary| hull colours - colours which are only used in hull

people which build customizable ships will start to distinguish by interior|exterior|deco much more.

and some may even provide pictures with 2 different primary|secondary|tertiary colours to give a hint how it would look like if you manually change colours.​

Definitely valuable!

Reaction score
    I would love this feature if it could swap out blocks that are not being used anymore, such as redwood leaves and wood...