Critical error

Reaction score
    I keep getting this error when i log in to single player (EOFException) I have tried all after noon and i keep on getting the same error.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think i posted too soon. i dont think we're having the same issue.

but i do have a critical error when trying to log in. just i think its different from yours. mine isn't an eofe

Last edited:

TBB

Reaction score
    If it's an exception, you have to send the logs to Schine. Not just to fix it, but because there might be no workaround...

I don't know if you have experience with programming, but exceptions occur when some algorithm happens to crash the program. A faulty algorithm that is probably caused by something that is not thought of (otherwise it would've been fixed) therefore it's called an exception.

Example of my favourite exception (because it's easy to fix):
    If for example something is not defined and later is pointed at in order to process something, which can't be done since it's not defined, a null pointer exception occurs.

I'm sorry if I f*cked it up, but English is not my native language.
    I'm not feeling confident of what I wrote, so that's why I say this.

EDIT:
    Also... The way to send logs is by starting the starter (talking about the default one)
    → Click "Start Game"
    → Toolbar ► Crash & Bug Report ► ...

Don't forget to actually click send...

Reaction score
    • Tester
    if you suspect a bug in the game to be the source for the problem you may want to report it under Phabricator
    most likely someone then wants to see logfiles of the crash problem. those can be found under Starmade/logs

your problem however does sound more like a setting on your system causing the game not to be able to connect to the server running under localhost:4242 (your PC) .

make sure you did choose
    Screenshot_1.jpg

if that isnt working ... the log.txt.0 file from said logfolder may be of use.

or you can open a support ticket under Support : StarMade Support

TBB ... the report tool inside the sends an email to a schine account ... which isnt beeing worked on by support or the testerteam. its an outdated feature i think.

TBB

Reaction score
    Oh wow! OK... Now that's not good if you know how many game breaking bugs I reported trough that tool... It really should be mentioned then. I'll report that!