Crew don't like long road trips

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    I tried to transport crew from the advanced shop in the starting sector to my base in one of the outer arms of the local galaxy. On my way from the shop, the crew member glitched through my ship and despawned. I went back for him, but he didn't respawn and the npc stats in the fleet and crew window for that npc was grayed out and it said "unloaded". How do I reload the crew member and how do I prevent this?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Known bug, but it isn't going to be fixed any time soon. The current placeholder crew system is not really being maintained, and as time goes on they'll just get buggier and buggier until Schine finally adds the actual crew system.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    So, spawn the things with commands then?

Master_chief_150

Ol' Reliable
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd recommend ignoring crew members. They're seemingly an incomplete feature, and not worth the hassle in my opinion. Maybe in the future they'll work on it, but it doesn't look like it.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'd recommend ignoring crew members. They're seemingly an incomplete feature, and not worth the hassle in my opinion. Maybe in the future they'll work on it, but it doesn't look like it.
    In the future, yes. There is an entire crew system planned, with assigning rooms and crew pathfinding and ship bonuses from crew members at stations, but until that's added (and that's probably another year off at least), they probably aren't going to fix basic physics and behavior issues with crew unless it overlaps with player physics.

Master_chief_150

Ol' Reliable
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And seeing how crew doesn't seem particularly high on the priority list, with the power, sheild, and universe updates taking priority, I doubt crew would be touched on much, until maybe a boarding update is made feasible. But for now we have what we have, and we can make the most of it, and let schine take their pace.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Use admin powers and make your crew sit down on your ship. This helps keep them from phasing through the walls when you hit the jump drive.

Reactions: Skwidz