Creative mode and more!

Reaction score
    I'm sensing you've probably gotten the "creative mode" suggestion googol times, but I just thought I might mention it. I also wanted to recommend you look at the game "Space Engineers" on Steam, It might give you functional and asthetic ideas. I want to ask if you would add more armor types and/or differentiated block sizes! I see great potential in this game, and I find it awesome that you allowed the public to suggest ideas (although you might see much repetition.)

Keep up the good Work!

The Definition of White

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I\'m sensing you\'ve probably gotten the \"creative mode\" suggestion googol times, but I just thought I might mention it.

We don\'t need a \"Creative mode\", we have commands for that.

I also wanted to recommend you look at the game \"Space Engineers\" on Steam, It might give you functional and asthetic ideas.

Space Engineers is pretty much just starmade with more realistic graphics.

I want to ask if you would add more armor types and/or differentiated block sizes!

I agree with more armour types, but we do not need bigger block sizes, instead we have advanced building mode which allows players to place many blocks at once.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    We don\'t need a \"Creative mode\", we have commands for that.

I don\'t see anything wrong with having a GUI or a full inventory of every block at a player\'s disposal right away instead of using the commands. A creative mode might also entail no planets or entities around so you just have an enviornment for building ships. It\'s just convenience really.

I agree with more armour types, but we do not need bigger block sizes, instead we have advanced building mode which allows players to place many blocks at once.

I\'m with you on big blocks, no need there. But smaller blocks maybe? That would be great for detailing/greebling and making smaller fighters.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For creative mode

I would like holodecks (StarTrek) for designing ships. Because holodecks are always locally (even if you play via internet or want a friend to have access) it would increase performance too. Would even allow to dock ships without having to fly them. They would just need to match the available space.

We could write a wrapper which locks players in a sector (if you leave, it change_sector-s you back) automatic save/restore of inventar/credits if you join/leave this sector with commands and rebuild all shops (with almost infinite items) to avoid players requiring admins for give_all_items and restock_shop commands.

Viridis00 said:

I\'m with you on big blocks, no need there. But smaller blocks maybe? That would be great for detailing/greebling and making smaller fighters.

+1

But I would like big blocks too if it is good for performance.

----

I would also like more armour types, but first we need a way to separate hp/armor from texture.

It would be cool to have hull which is decorated for a computer panel on the inside.

You don\'t need to load chunks and blocks which are surrounded fully by others, neither load \"rooms\" while you see a ship from the outside. Giving each master-block a hp value from all content would save processing time on overkills. Maybe we sometimes get the performance for this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Smaller blocks? Yes, reminds me of Microblocks from Minecraft.

I understand, but we have commands for almost everything, from spawning pirates to filling our inventory with hull blocks, Creative mode is pretty much there in the game because of admin commands, although something like NEI would help out alot.