"Create Docking" Style Freeform Placement Option

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently in advanced build mode, we can Create Docking to allow us to drop a docker and then place a core wherever we want. This is good.

So good in fact, I'd really like to see the "place a free-floating block" option that is currently used for placing the core be a normal build option.

I can't speak for others, but I know that for myself I am often doing things like using the build helper to make a shape (say a circle in order to start making a disk or a ring) and then having to make a column/row of blocks out to where the build helper is before I can start placing what I actually wanted.

It would be much more friendly if I could just toggle a "Freeform Placement" button on the side, move straight out to where I want to build, and place a block down there, instead of this "build a support structure out to it, place the one block you needed, delete all of the support structure blocks and hope you don't misclick and take out some random part of something else in the process".

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I will always support this idea, no mater how many threads are made for it :p