Crash (almost every time after doing it)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Version: 0.14 (single player)

Bug: Crashes almost every time I change (increase or decrease) the render distance setting ingame while an entity is loading in. Happens even if said entity is not in my line of sight. This only seems to happen during the initial loading period (which is always ectremely laggy btw), after that I can change it as much as I want and it won't crash.

Causes: This is from a purely theorical/non-programmer point of view. It seems like some parts of entities undergo the block conversion that came with the v0.14 update every single time I start up my single player game. Switching the settings in adition to the cpu melting initial load just completely crashed the game.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    should be saved.

And yes, changing the view distance while initially loading and converting may mess up things, since you effectively change the priority and line of the things that need conversion.

This rarely happens, as far as I know.

Maybe check your logs for an write errors,
    or try /force_save before logging out once, to ensure the converted state gets saved.

In case it still happens, please send me a copy of your logs directory and the values you were changing from and to. Anything above 5.000 will be too much (memory usage) for most video cards.

- Andy

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thing is, that blueprint WAS saved after a conversion and respawned. I must admit that the ship I\'m working is pretty big but still...

That specific time I switched from 1500 to 5000. My card is a GT520m 2GB, I sent my log reports using the tool provided in the game folder. I\'ll try the force change command and see if it works.

Thanks for the help btw.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    by using the ingame tool, you will have to wait for a reply by schema.
    (Or fix in next patch)

In case you still encounter the conversion over and over again, consider sending me a log, there are many causes for this, that arent a failure of the game, sometimes by using a wrong location for the game to run in.

- Andy