Crafting Specific Amounts

Reaction score
    I did a quick search and did not find anything about this. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a pain to craft items, in a specific quantity. I understand the enhancer mechanic, and this does not replace it. Instead what I am suggesting is a way to stop a Factory when it creates X amount of an item. I'm thinking of a check box and a number box, when the check box is checked it will only create the amount in the number box. If the check box is not checked, the factory will function as usual. These two GUI components would be added the the factory menu.

Reactions: ltmauve

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agreed. This problem has been bothering me for a long time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made some power caps, didn't babysit and come back to see 50k capacitors and all crystal composite gone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes... I'd definitely love to see this. It would make tying storage to factories a lot safer.

I once misplaced my stack metal mesh once... and later found it in my suit along with a few hundred factories :P... would be nice if a micro assembler could break down blocks into their base components to fix accidental builds like these.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I currently have three sets of factories set up to make different quantities of things. It's kind of stupid that I have to resort to that.

Reaction score
    I currently have three sets of factories set up to make different quantities of things. It's kind of stupid that I have to resort to that.
    Yes especially if you accidentally leave one factory on. Hmm well I didn't really need 50,000 plex doors, but oh well.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This would work wonders with the way logic currently works with factories. Assuming that the counter resets every time the factory is shut down and re-activated (which can be done via logic) then making fully automated factories designed to mass-produce specific ships would become possible!

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As a work around, you could unlink your factories from your storage block, and only put in the exact amount of ingredients needed for the number of items you are crafting.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    As a work around, you could unlink your factories from your storage block, and only put in the exact amount of ingredients needed for the number of items you are crafting.
    True, but that quickly becomes a gigantic pain in the ass.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Which completely defeats the purpose of linking them in the first place. Might as well just remove linking from the game.