CraftAU - Starmade

Reaction score

Who are we?

CraftAU has been a long time Minecraft - FTB Australian sever community with a dedicated team to maintain the service for our player base. We strive to bring the best possible experience to our players while maintaining a fair and mature community. Our starmade server is a developing community always pushing to improve the quality of the server and our experience in game.

Where can you find us?

You can always find us at http://www.craftau.com.au/ where all our community and staff are happy to assist with any problems you might be having or just join in on the community chat and join in on the conversation.

Our server ip is starmade.com.au:4242 You can also help us out by voting for us and be rewarded 1,000,000 credits per day.

Teamspeak

You can always find members or myself on Teamspeak where we are all friendly and willing to assist where ever we can. some of our staff and member have a large background of IT professions in various fields where we can assist in almost everything you need.

Teamspeak Adress: ts.starmade.com.au

Future plans for Starmade

Currently our server is PvP focused but not mandatory, we encourage players to interact with one another keeping fair play and fun a top priority. Our Rules help maintain a balance for players who only wish to be creative.

In the near future we will be hosting PvP event's where player built ships will be placed on a temp server to battle it out risk free in FFA and team based death match, A few other game modes are currently being planned.

We will be implementing player bounties to keep things interesting but currently bounties are placed by admins at the request of our members.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So far my gameplay has been great on this server. It's very stable and has a great community, easily rivaling other large Australian servers. The admins are extremely helpful, communicate well with players, and overall want players to have a good time. The hardware is currently on par with other top Australian servers, and is soon to be upgraded to be even better.

There is absolutely no lag, sector sizes are large (10km), and jump drive distances are 40km. The only rules on building ships are a max of 5000 salvage modules on salvagers (for obvious lag reasons), and no radar jammers or cloak computers on ships with weapons (which will change once certain exploits are fixed). PvP and fleet fighting is encouraged, and there is no limit to ship size. All in all this server has been amazing in my month of playing, and I'm looking forward to many more! :D

Reaction score
    Cool I was actually going to write a positive review for this server today., this saves an internet tree by making one less thread exist in the world. :p

I've played on many Australian servers and most have been pretty friendly and fun to play on, with really great communities but lacking in the technical department being rather laggy and crash prone, and sadly eventually died off for various reasons or the technical problems became too much to bare.
    On the flip side those that have been stable and technically top notch have had a very hostile and arrogant community attached where you spend too much time worrying about breaking non existent rules or offending the wrong person than actually enjoying yourself and playing the game.

CraftAU has been the best of both worlds since joining. Completely superior to any server currently available in Australia on a technical level in my honest opinion, been some of the smoothest if not THE smoothest server I have played on.
    The community so far has been friendly and welcoming. It's actually a pleasure to see an admin turn up to your base, you'll want to put the kettle on and invite them in for a cuppa instead of feeling like the gestapo has just shown up to step on your neck for their own amusement.

I myself have honestly not experienced a single negative thing to mention so far. Hell, even the enemy factions you make are a positive, good old competition with no bad sport nastiness behind it.

It's definitely Australias number 1 StarMade server at the moment, the atmosphere is one that every game server should have and as far as I am concerned has set the bar for other servers and their administration.

Players interact, admins interact. Communication and community is alive. Games are meant to be fun for all, this server makes it so.

11/10, it is seriously my best online experience since I started playing StarMade and I am not one to give out such praise easily. ;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rellith
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Wasn't just you - someone threw some traffic my way last night also - this graph shows a spike of traffic before the DDoS mitigation kicked in.

Aug1Bandwidth.PNG

Reaction score
    Yeah such a shame that some will go to such childish levels of pettiness to ruin the fun of others or are so threatened by a little competition.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Continuous DDOS whenever the server is brought back up? I wonder who could possibly want to take down the new #1 Australian server lol

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Someone who needs a douse of their own medicine maybe?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's an alright server, unless you're a mute. The whole server is controlled by two unbeatable factions which won't let you join them unless you have teamspeak. Once I found that out, I legged it. No reason to play on a war server if they won't let you join the war.

If you have a voice, it's probably pretty good. Otherwise skip and go to the competition.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's an alright server, unless you're a mute. The whole server is controlled by two unbeatable factions which won't let you join them unless you have teamspeak. Once I found that out, I legged it. No reason to play on a war server if they won't let you join the war.

If you have a voice, it's probably pretty good. Otherwise skip and go to the competition.
    If you want to play PvP effectively you kinda need to be able to communicate while fighting. Having to pause and type to allies is going to end badly for you, and can make you a liability (hence why they wouldn't let you join without it). If you want to be the best you have to play like the best! And remember no one is unbeatable, just gotta use some tactics and put in some hours :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score

It's not a war server. But it is not totally PVE either, it's PvEvP. PVP is not compulsory, people will often not go to war with others without cause, though mind you wars can begin for shits and giggles. It's always the way with a server that has PvP.
    Most of the community is welcoming and friendly if not all. The server accomdates a wide range of playstyles.

won't let you join them unless you have teamspeak Once I found that out, I legged it. No reason to play on a war server if they won't let you join the war. o_O
    What's stopping you from joining the war exactlty? Who is not letting you play? Feel free to declare war on us or Nomads any time you want. You do not need our permission, we'll happily go to war with you if you'd like? :) But we're not preventing anyone from joining in?

Our ships too big? Easy make a bigger ship yourself.

Any faction is beatable. It's about the effort you're willing to make and time you're prepared to spend to do so. Nobody is stopping anyone else from making a faction and it increasing it's numbers.
    Allowing members into a faction is that factions choice. As one of the big 2 on the server, we have a right to choose who get's into the club.
    We've got to where we are in about 6 months. Great deal of contruction and resource gathering, there was only 4 of us to begin with.
    Most of that is essentially down to being picky with who we let in. And so far that has worked for us and kept the griefers and immoral players out.

Same as it is for any faction when it comes to members. We require teamspeak for our faction specificly as it allows us to know our members better and is much easier to spot a potential griefer earlier, Lying for many is much easier when relying on text only to communicate.
    Again though it's our choice to how we recruit and the criteria required, nobody elses. Also most of us are also friends outside of the game.
    Also it is not a mandatory server rule to have teamspeak there are plenty of players without it. There is also about a hundred factions, you could try and join one of those that do not have such restrictions as ours. ;)

Sorry, but you criticisms of the server come down to you and no one else, and I feel you've not made one valid point against why you or anyone should avoid playing there. Maybe you should work on how you approach games and communicating with others and you may find you will begin having more fun.
    Why does it have to be joining the top 2 Factions for the server to be worth playing on? What would you bring to the party for either faction?
    Or maybe you want to join a big faction from the get go, bring nothing to the show, and are just after free cheap resources and protection?
    It does come off as a bit sour grapes. :rolleyes:

"2 Big faction won't let me join, I won't buy a microphone and use teamspeak to achieve joining them, I am also too lazy to make my own faction or even try competing or give the game a chance........ so server is bad and players suck."

But yes, feel free to go to the competition, you're pretty limited here in Australia with choices, and craftau StarMade is currently Number one downunder and easily has the largest active Australian player base. And for me personally it has been one of the most friendly, welcoming and active communities in regards to StarMade servers. Come back anytime, with or without a voice. :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Because when there's two major factions, at some point you're going to run afoul of one of them and at that point unless you have a kilometer-long ship you're going to be dust. You're both too entrenched for "start a faction and challenge us" to be a viable option. The other option is to simply make a jumpship and skip galaxy, but what's the point of playing multiplayer if you don't interact with anyone?

You can dismiss my view as much as you like, but you know why I'm not going to play on the server. Even if it's not "valid" to you, it's a serious turnoff for someone who wants to be part of the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Because when there's two major factions, at some point you're going to run afoul of one of them and at that point unless you have a kilometer-long ship you're going to be dust. You're both too entrenched for "start a faction and challenge us" to be a viable option. The other option is to simply make a jumpship and skip galaxy, but what's the point of playing multiplayer if you don't interact with anyone?

You can dismiss my view as much as you like, but you know why I'm not going to play on the server. Even if it's not "valid" to you, it's a serious turnoff for someone who wants to be part of the game.
    There's always alliances, if there's enough people in smaller ships the larger will be overwhelmed. We usually leave new players alone anyway, unless they do something to warrant us attacking :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Normally I don't force Team Speak since I don't have it myself but I'm a tad busy building up on another server right now. Maybe once I get my base and faction self-sustaining where I am I'll pop into this place.

Reaction score
    Normally I don't force Team Speak since I don't have it myself but I'm a tad busy building up on another server right now. Maybe once I get my base and faction self-sustaining where I am I'll pop into this place.
    That's the thing though, you do not need teamspeak to play on this server.

It's just my factions policy that anyone who wishes to join us uses it.
    We require it. Just us and our faction. Not the server.

Not sure how the teamspeak thing is even an issue.

Again to be clear, no one is forced to use teamspeak. We have tonnes of players on craftau who manage just fine without it.

Anyone and everyone is pretty much welcome to play on craftau wether they use teamspeak or not.

I think I said it already, but yeah no one has to use teamspeak. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
    This server is great too play on!

The player base and community have proven themselves to be friendly and a large portion of the players are always trying to improve the quality and experience on the server. The server hardware allows for a fun experience with some rules in place to minimise lag for everyone, these rules are all justified and don't really effect game play in anyway.

As much as this server may be dominated by 2 strong factions, they are both generally neutral, and both are filled with friendly players.

This server is far from a war server, as it is there is actually very minimal amounts of any fights sadly enough. A lot of people with the larger ships like to keep them tucked away safely at homebases in fear they will get destroyed. If you wish, there are factions you can fight, but if you wish to just build, you also have that option. This server is great for multiple kinds if gameplay, i used to play in one of those 2 top factions but chose to leave because i didnt agree with the play style at the time.

Reaction score

When we joined we were noobs like anyone else, and there was 1 big faction. They had a massive head start on everyone. We didn't complain or whine, we rose to the challenge. I mean 'the competition" you refer to going to play on, well one in particular has had the same universe going for years, you're going to find the same. Established players. Some friendly some not. Actually you're going to find this on every established server, the only place you'll get a fresh even start is on the fly by night gone by the next day ones that pop up.

And that is just pessimistic of you, run afoul? Who says you will ever run foul of anyone? You're shooting yourself in the foot before you even start.
    No need for a new dead galaxy, there is plenty of space in the main one. Most players don't conflict if ever and happily stick to themselves.

I mean the way you're explaining your feels, you couldn't play any game with any kind of 'levelling'.

I mean would you quit an established MMORPG, like World of Warcraft because it has guilds that have been going for years and all their players are 100 levsl above you? Or Battlefield because you join a match and half the people arealready level 100's with all weapons unlocked?

I dunno I just find your reasoning crazy I guess. Anyways I hope you find the game you are looking for, but at this rate I am gonna have to suggest going with single player games if you don't like the idea of competing with hard working people or the idea of communicating with team mates is a turn off. ;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: SuperWookie

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol the main reason I haven't come to a server like this one yet is I'm still working out the details for my faction and our style but unless someone is spawn camping or the admins are lower than the lowest troll I'm not caring too much how long a server has been around. As for the players that whine about the time it's been around. The only reason to complain is when the starting galaxy has been picked clean and no one setup a gate to a system with something to mine for starting players.

Reactions: SuperWookie