Council Official Q&A Thread

CIR

Council of Intergalactic Representatives
    Reaction score
    As stated in the Council code of conduct, we as a council are responsible for a Q&A thread. Welcome to it.

We are your councilors:
    Comr4de
    Crusade
    Dalmont
    Megacrafter127
    SkylordLuke
    Sven_The_Slayer
    keptick

We will answer and address any questions or issues you want us, or Schine to answer. We as a council will all be monitoring this thread. However, if you have a question or issue to address with a specific councillor, please tag them using the @[name] tool on the forum. Answers from Schine will come as often as possible.

Ground rules for questions:
    1. Do not ask the same question multiple times. I will update the OP with questions and answers from different members on the council. It is recommended that you check this post before you ask a question, in case it has already been answered.
    2. This is not a personal Q&A thread. This thread is a vehicle for you to ask questions to Schine and receive answers reliably. Please ask serious questions.
    3. Be civil. If you have personal issues with a councilor or the council as a whole, do not let it spill over here. Moderators will be called in when needed, but we hope it won't come to that
    4. Be clear. Try to make your question as clear as possible. For example, if you provide a paragraph of context, please underline your question so a councilor knows what you're asking.

Answered questions:
    none yet!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Who is the CIR, and how did they get into the Counsel despite having only one post and just joining today?

Oh, serious questions only? Alright then. Ahem:

What can the counsel actually do? Do people bring suggestions here, or bugs/balance issues?
    Are you looking for balance issue questions or more-so new gameplay features?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Who is the CIR, and how did they get into the Counsel despite having only one post and just joining today?

Oh, serious questions only? Alright then. Ahem
    yeah,its just our official account that ALL council members have access to. We will use it to create threads like this so there is no bias.
    also we are here to be the bridge between the general public( you) and the schine team.
    We are looking for everything involved with balance/features/gameplay etc.
    you will get reliable answers directly from the :schema: himself and the rest of the team

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    yeah,its just our official account that ALL council members have access to. We will use it to create threads like this so there is no bias.
    also we are here to be the bridge between the general public( you) and the schine team.
    We are looking for everything involved with balance/features/gameplay etc.
    you will get reliable answers directly from the :schema: himself and the rest of the team
    Alt accounts are against the rules! Ban! Ban! Ban!

*cough*

Seriously though, is this thread only for council related stuff or for everything about the game? If so, could someone poke schema about that planetary resource and faction interaction issue I raised a while back? I don't care if my suggestion isn't used, so long as they know about the problem actually existing (and find a good solution to fix it).

Edit: Here's the thread

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Alt accounts are against the rules! Ban! Ban! Ban!

*cough*

Seriously though, is this thread only for council related stuff or for everything about the game? If so, could someone poke schema about that planetary resource and faction interaction issue I raised earlier? I don't care if my suggestion is used, so long as they know about the problem actually existing (and find a good solution to fix it).
    Absolutely everything related to the game,you poke us with questions here. and then we Poke The Schine Team.

Reactions: Keptick

CIR

Council of Intergalactic Representatives
    Reaction score
    This account is a group-account to be used by the current council. At the end of each term, the account is handed down to the newly elected council.
    This is to limit personal issues someone has with a specific council member from affecting council threads, and to prevent threads from having to be remade, because the councillor, who originally posted it, wasn't reelected.
    What can the counsel actually do? Do people bring suggestions here, or bugs/balance issues?
    Are you looking for balance issue questions or more gameplay features?
    This Q&A thread is a place to post questions for Schine in general, as stated in the council's code of conduct.
    For other tasks of the council, other threads may be created, if deemed necessary.
    In general, the council will act as a relay between Schine and the community, collecting the relevant information from one and relaying it to the other. This includes mostly questions and suggestions, but may also include other information and tasks, as the role of the council may expand, depending on the events during this 1st term.

Reactions: Keptick

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    some what recently in the dev builds the Wireless logic block had its place holder texture replaced with its official texture. However its placeholder texture was unique from the rest of the new blocks and featured the number 3 and 4.

My question is does that mean that some point soon we'll see numbered decoration blocks? I know that there was a thread suggesting that a while back.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Here's a suggestion and a few questions for consideration...

It may be a good idea to post news about the Council, what it does, and how to contact it on the launcher news page. That way folks who normally don't take part in the larger community are still in the know and you may get to hear a few new voices with a few new concerns.

Now for the actual questions, there's been a lot of (usually quite broad) suggestions about survival style mechanics. Is there any plan on having things such as oxygen, food, fuel and the like within the base game experience or are those planned on being left to modders to add?

What community events is the council considering? Are there any plans for open discussion nights, spontaneous server visitations, stuff of that nature?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    An admin or moderator should pin this thread tbh.

Reaction score
    2 Questions:

- what is planned for the upcoming update regarding sharing shields (i heard stuff but nothing official) and interlinking of slave systems on turrets (Sven_The_Slayer probably knows what i am talking about)

- What is up with Calbiri? Has he left? Will he come back?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Some questions/suggestions:
    1. Work on making a center of mass, maybe it shows up as a little holographic ball like it does in KSP when in advanced build mode
    2. Once that is done, Adjust block masses, making some blocks lighter and some blocks heavier. Or maybe all blocks heavier.
    3. Once that is done, rework propulsion, and make engine clusters, where it works like power capacitors and adjacency bonuses. Then make it so handling and engine placement are effected by the center of mass.
    4. Recoil and explosions pushing/spinning ships around. This isn't as important, and could even be an 'on/off' option in the config in order to save processing power if you don't want it on a server.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    HI there glorious Council and its members, here are some questions that bother me and suggestions.

Q:
    1) Are there plans to remove the missile blast radius going trough closed hull with enough shields and destroying internaly docked ships/turrets/reactors/scanners?
    2) (If you have the information) Can we expect the awsome rail update in the first half of May?

S:
    1) I would like to suggest adding one feature: all computers should send a logic on signal when they are in use, for example, missiles/cannons... when they are fired, raddar jammer/cloaker when the ship is jammed/cloaked...
    The uses of this would be: animated recoil for cannos, sequential fire missiles that would require only one computer to be aimed at target ( since the hotbar is gettign cramed), multijam ships ( this is, if logic can activate jammer and/or cloak in the first place)

Reaction score
    I am very interested in Schine team to show us the development timeline like they see it, perhaps with no ETAs, but like "Ok, now we want rails, then new economics, then AI, then that and that." Would be really helpful for the community to find ourselves, where are we now, what is going on to be in next months etc

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Question: Will the answers to the questions asked be posted here or in a separate thread?

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Question: Right now the metagame is dominated by single players building the biggest ship possible, with nukes. What is being done to make smaller ships greater threats, and to make non-missile weapons more viable?

Reactions: linwe talion
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am very interested in Schine team to show us the development timeline like they see it, perhaps with no ETAs, but like "Ok, now we want rails, then new economics, then AI, then that and that." Would be really helpful for the community to find ourselves, where are we now, what is going on to be in next months etc
    Just building off of linwe's question here: Is there a sort of timeline when we will see specific features and performance updates? Would be a lot better than, "Yeah, lets do it!" and then not see it until version 99.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just to add to the timeline question.

Personally, and I guess I wouldn't be alone, I wouldn't mind at all just having a set of loose milestones we can expect in the future with a short sumary for each, with or without an actual ETA ! Just something to look forward to on the way to 1.0 !
    So if the timeline is too much to ask, then that would be the next best thing I guess !

Right now, I actually can't even answer my friends when they ask me "What will the released game be like? What are they planning ?"..

Reaction score
    Will the bank system (like the plugins on most hi-end servers) be implemented directly in game? Do Schine even consider about doing it in general or it is considered insignificant?