Could a Dev in the know please answer this.

Reaction score
    Heard unsubstantiated rumours of an update coming that will require a universe reset.
    The server I assist with managing, we've been talking about resetting the universe ourselves, adding working custom stations and the like. Just we'd hate to do so to find out a week or month later we'd be required to reset any way.

I guess this quote from the last patch notes has fueled the rumour along with the fleet competition being held by Schine.

We hope to raise the overall enjoyment of playing the game with the removal of some annoying bugs before moving on to new big features.
    Big new features? Like the in game stations being upgraded to eliminate the old docking system once and for all perhaps. I'd imagine that would require a clean server install.

Just would be nice to have an rough ETA of when such a large resetting update could be expected. And I do mean rough, not wanting definite dates and times or anything that can be held over peoples heads just to be clear, just a general idea so we know whether doing a reset right now and making everyone begin from scratch would be worth it.

Ah the joys of rumours hey, so many of them yet nobody ever has links to back them up. :rolleyes:
    Thanks in advance.

P.S I really would like staff from Schine to answer this, I already have enough players giving me guesses right now, I'd like facts if possible. If you're not a member of Schine please provide links that verify any claims you make.

Lancake AndyP I'll tag you guys as you're usually good with providing helpful answers to my stupid questions. :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Well I can't really tell you what's coming but what we have planned for the near future should still work fine with the current universe. You may want to consider resetting for it... but it wouldn't be something required to get it to work. A rough estimate till that update would probably go from 1 to 3 months depending in what order we do it.

Something else like adding the contest fleets + our own AI ships (and/or stations) would most likely require some reset too to get it working properly. But that's probably a few months away too.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Thanks a tonne for replying Lancake, that is some very helpful information that should help with the discussion we're having at craftau atm.
    Very much appreciated. :)