Read by Council Cosmetic Logic Pipes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Not sure if it has been suggested but it would be nice to have a "Logic" block that actually did nothing.... but was able to connect to another block like itself and create a cosmetic "PIPE" of configurable colour and width, working on the Helicarrier there have been numerous times where a cosmetic pipe (like the logic connections) would have been very useful, to be able to colour it to any block texture/colour would be awesome and also to be able to alter the thickness of it up to the width of 1 block would be great. Maybe even create Corner blocks so we could turn it nicely around corners too... just imagine corridors in the ships with pipes and cables running along the ceilings like in every great sci-fi film out there lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Logic pipes are planned to be optional. FSM, #24
    There is no need to create an additional block to add piping. Just use the existing logic blocks.
    As for configuring the pipes, since most people want to get rid of them, I think this is unlikely and a waste of time.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This sounds awesome to me. I think though that different colors wouldn't add enough. I'd love for them to have different textures as well. A lightning like one, a fire like one, water like, green goo like, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Logic pipes are planned to be optional. FSM, #24
    There is no need to create an additional block to add piping. Just use the existing logic blocks.
    As for configuring the pipes, since most people want to get rid of them, I think this is unlikely and a waste of time.
    I think you missed the boat on this one Kiraen, when you say people want rid of them yes they do FOR THE MULTICOLOUR RAINBOW LOGIC!

what I suggest is a COSMETIC pipe that we can use to make things look better. It will not be LOGIC and it will not do anything other than look awesome, imagine the possibilities of an organic alien looking exterior made of cosmetic pipes!.

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So basically your asking for a pipe block that works similar to the fences in minecraft? Where along its kinda just a stub, but place more in the line and you get a nice pipe that isnt a texture slapped on a block but a 3d model?

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So basically your asking for a pipe block that works similar to the fences in minecraft? Where along its kinda just a stub, but place more in the line and you get a nice pipe that isnt a texture slapped on a block but a 3d model?
    Not really but that would work I suppose, what I was after was a pipe, Like the logic pipes that go from a block to a block that can be coloured/textured according to what you require it to look like. so basically a LOGIC connector between two blocks. It would be used for cosmetic pipes or rails maybe even a double pipe from one block to look like a fence. The blocks could act as posts.....maybe even make it so the pipe was SOLID to players and NPC

Reaction score
    In short, Minecraft Fence, but re-shaped to look like a pipe.

I'd approve of that.

As to the whole "getting rid of logic lines. Yes, most of us want the godless things gone outside of advanced build-mode, because then we wouldn't need to wrap logic around a corridor/exterior, we could just run the logic right through it.
    (as an aside, that means anywhere from 1 to 3 fewer logic blocks per corridor/exterior crossed, which means more blocks going to shields/weapons/thrust/power. AKA the "combat" stuff)

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Not really but that would work I suppose, what I was after was a pipe, Like the logic pipes that go from a block to a block that can be coloured/textured according to what you require it to look like. so basically a LOGIC connector between two blocks. It would be used for cosmetic pipes or rails maybe even a double pipe from one block to look like a fence. The blocks could act as posts.....maybe even make it so the pipe was SOLID to players and NPC
    The problem with that is that it would take up even more blocks to connect things together, which is very difficult with smaller ships. It would be better to simply have the current connectors only visible in build mode, and then add these as decoration blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem with that is that it would take up even more blocks to connect things together, which is very difficult with smaller ships. It would be better to simply have the current connectors only visible in build mode, and then add these as decoration blocks.
    That is like saying we should get rid of ALL cosmetic blocks and not make anymore because they take up room on smaller ships? Lol if you are that worried about block count then don't add anything cosmetic to your little ships...... :D

Darkkon

The Harlequin Builder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That is like saying we should get rid of ALL cosmetic blocks and not make anymore because they take up room on smaller ships? Lol if you are that worried about block count then don't add anything cosmetic to your little ships...... :D
    Thats not what I meant. I was saying that making the block function as an actual logic pathway in replacement of the current connection system, it would increase the block count requirement for logic systems. I have always been a supporter of more cosmetic blocks as well. As for adding cosmetics to my little ships, I am currently working on a 1 km vessel. Very small, I know.

Reaction score
    Thats not what I meant. I was saying that making the block function as an actual logic pathway in replacement of the current connection system, it would increase the block count requirement for logic systems. I have always been a supporter of more cosmetic blocks as well. As for adding cosmetics to my little ships, I am currently working on a 1 km vessel. Very small, I know.
    You missed the part where this is optional - not a replacement at all. Just something to path the little glowing beams through in case you wanted to. Probably not a big issue in general for smaller ships anyway.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Make each logic-pipe junction selectable (visible or not) then offer various cool textures (as Nightrune suggested) to make them really pop visually. People who don't wan't to see them are happy and people who want to decorate are able to without using extra blocks. I sometime use the logic-pipes decoratively and would not want to lose that option.

I assume this would require very little extra Dev-work compared to adding new blocks.