glad i couldve contributed to the joke. this is a 2 sided thing right

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wait, why do I only learn about this being a thing now? O.O

Somebody better f***ing tag me when the first episode comes out!

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    PROGRESS UPDATE!

The general plot of the entire series is completed; we're now breaking it up into episodes. Once that's done, scripts will be written up (and torn up :D). Current script writers will be me, crazyf22raptor , jontyfreack and possibly Aesthetics.

We recruited a few new people to the team recently. We recruited RedAlert_007 to the team a few days back; he serves as our in-house Vaygr Advisor, making sure what we write for the Vaygr matches the factions' own lore. In addition, he has kindly provided several stripped hulls of past Vaygr ships to use as the series' Vaygr ships. We also recruited Stalker_HUN and Exozen as extras.

Also, we're continuing building and modifying objects for the series!

So this is the (still WIP) Vaygr Gunship. Optimised for atmospheric usage, and able to carry twelve troops to a planetary surface, the Gunship will be a common sight throughout Concord's End, fighting the protagonists in their galactic journeys.

Each Gunship carries two side-mounted plasma repeater turrets to deal with hostiles on the sides. They have poor elevation, however. The gunships also carry two forward-facing fixed plasma cannons for anti-ship use, and will also carry twin missile tubes below the cockpit (SOONTM). The vessel seats three crew in the cockpit and two turret operators.

Despite being optimised for planetary usage, the Gunship is often pressed into service in space as a patrol/pursuit vessel and light corvette. A variation will also be used by the Vaygr military police.

(Stripped hull provided by RedAlert_007 and worked on by me and crazyf22raptor )

In addition, we've also been working on a somewhat larger vessel (that's neither a UIS or Vaygr ship, and is also still WIP)

Yes, it's basically a cut-down Aggressor-class Destroyer from Star Wars without the wings currently. And I've also been unable to find the original creator (if someone does, please let me know).

We're using it not as a mega-weapon capital ship, but as a massive derelict bulk freighter; it's industrial and beat-up looking exterior matched what we required for the ship. The megaguns and wings have been removed (We're planning on adding either more engines or large superstructures to the sides to replace the wings). Where the lower megagun used to be, instead there will be a massive cargo bay spanning the length of the ship, including cargo ingress, at the front of the lower prong. A few small cargo shuttles will also be docked inside. The upper prong will likely house the crew quarters.

Where the central hangar used to be (between the prongs, further back) will also be a smaller cargo bay and cargo shuttle launch bay.

(Original creator unknown, worked on by me and crazyf22raptor )

That's it for today's bit of news! We'll release some more tidbits another time (perhaps when we're getting closer to writing the script for episode 1)

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

I can't be the only one?
    no u

...tbh I sorta agree. I found that the design was perfect for an atmospheric dropship, though, with the front prongs hanging low enough that no forward landing gears would be needed.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I will turn this into a mixture of TTS and a gore horror film

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    where can i see this RP serie of do i have to join a server somewhere? cause im defenitly interested
    (nvm just found it) *facepalm*

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    where can i see this RP serie of do i have to join a server somewhere? cause im defenitly interested
    (nvm just found it) *facepalm*
    If you're interested in taking part, I can send you a link to our Discord server. We're currently in the scriptwriting phase however, so there's not too much going on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In addition, we've also been working on a somewhat larger vessel (that's neither a UIS or Vaygr ship, and is also still WIP)

Yes, it's basically a cut-down Aggressor-class Destroyer from Star Wars without the wings currently. And I've also been unable to find the original creator (if someone does, please let me know).

We're using it not as a mega-weapon capital ship, but as a massive derelict bulk freighter; it's industrial and beat-up looking exterior matched what we required for the ship. The megaguns and wings have been removed (We're planning on adding either more engines or large superstructures to the sides to replace the wings). Where the lower megagun used to be, instead there will be a massive cargo bay spanning the length of the ship, including cargo ingress, at the front of the lower prong. A few small cargo shuttles will also be docked inside. The upper prong will likely house the crew quarters.

Where the central hangar used to be (between the prongs, further back) will also be a smaller cargo bay and cargo shuttle launch bay.

(Original creator unknown, worked on by me and crazyf22raptor )

That's it for today's bit of news! We'll release some more tidbits another time (perhaps when we're getting closer to writing the script for episode 1)
    We made a model from 3Ds Max very similar to that one but without details when I did the Star Wars: Galactic Conquest project. We also lost the wings and wanted to try again, but the project was cancelled before we ever got to that stage. It's possible it could be an entirely different design, or someone from our team took it and added all the details before getting lost in the wind.

Just thought I should mention.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    We made a model from 3Ds Max very similar to that one but without details when I did the Star Wars: Galactic Conquest project. We also lost the wings and wanted to try again, but the project was cancelled before we ever got to that stage. It's possible it could be an entirely different design, or someone from our team took it and added all the details before getting lost in the wind.

Just thought I should mention.
    The version I obtained was some 650 metres long, had the wings attached, and basic systems from pre-shield recharger times, but I removed the wings, emptied the ship and I am also rebuilding some completely different superstructures on the sides to attempt to make it less-Star Wars-y.

But if you do know who made it, it would be brilliant if you could get in touch with them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The version I obtained was some 650 metres long, had the wings attached, and basic systems from pre-shield recharger times, but I removed the wings, emptied the ship and I am also rebuilding some completely different superstructures on the sides to attempt to make it less-Star Wars-y.

But if you do know who made it, it would be brilliant if you could get in touch with them.
    I thought about it, and I think I know two individuals you should try to ask:
    Stike7g5 and SkyHawk024

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you're interested in taking part, I can send you a link to our Discord server. We're currently in the scriptwriting phase however, so there's not too much going on.
    sure ill be up for that

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    PROGRESS UPDATE!

This thread's OP has a fancy new banner courtesy of Thadius Faran ! opinions below please.

The general plot of the entire series is now broken into episodes. I can present the names and basic plot of the first three episodes (though this will likely change a little as we script and film the individual episodes).
    1. EPISODE ONE - Shattered - The Vaygr Empire strikes the command centers of the major four UIS factions. Jake and Plaz escape in the experimental Halberd; they must now reconsolidate their forces before it's too late.
    2. EPISODE TWO - Rediscovery - The duo discover Ithirahad and a handful of Aethi Imperium vessels while en route to a Trident shipyard station. The duo must overcome the language barrier and work with the Aethi forces, as well as a returning FlyingDebris, to ascertain what happened and what to do next.
    3. EPISODE THREE - In the name of our Emperor - Ithirahad directs the team to the Aethi homeworld itself. What does Ithirahad want with the battered world of Aethis and it's shattered cities?
    In addition, asset construction has almost completely frozen aside from empty shells of ships, and will remain halted until at least after the power update. Existing assets will need to be converted when the power update prototypes are released.

There has been progress in the area of asset building however.

Vaygr cargo vessel; features four sliding doors, carries four Universal Cargo Crates.

Completed Mammoth-class Bulk Freighter exterior

The Mammoth-class' titanic cargo bay, with plenty of Universal Cargo Crates.

Trident Main Battle Tank BT-10c, with transport cradle behind. Tank built by Exozen . More vehicles by Captain Tankman and yoyo2901 will also be featured but have not been converted to CE standards as of yet.

Trident Resupply Outpost. A cheap station designed to be deployed to the frontier; resupplies and refuels border patrol ships and serves as a stop-off point for traders.

Vaygr Cyclops-class Frigate. The Vaygr Empire's smallest 'proper' space combat vessel (the Raider-class doesn't count since it's a hybrid)

(all of these are still WIP in terms of systems and/or interior)

Lore updates are also coming along quite well - the Trident Foundries Database (link in my signature) has many articles dedicated to identifying and explaining key pieces of the series' lore such as the origins of the UISV M6-002 Halberd, Jake and Plaz' experimental ship.

Concord's End will also use Crusade 's newly-developed prototype shaders to maintain the highest possible visual appearance.

I believe this will be the last update from me regarding CE until at least the power update comes along, but stay tuned anyway!

Last edited: