Coding environment for display screens and ship interaction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello,
    some of you may know what I am talking about when I reference "e2" and "starfall" on Garrys Mod Spacebuild.
    If you have played spacebuild you are already aware of "Expression 2 (e2)" or but to the less enlightened, it is a virtual coding environment based loosly on lua which can be made to interact with the ship you have built and can be used to control it through Graphical User Interfaces, or display screens with variables like shield health can be made to a far greater extent that is possible at the moment. It would be brilliant if you could code your own operating system to your ships and you could improve performance for individual systems through this, e.g. diverting power to different critical systems. I will link e2 and you can have a look at what it offers within the Wiremod for Garrysmod and I think that a similar system would be of great benefit to the game as it creates a completly new layer for experianced and established players to expand their abilities for building and maintaining ships within the starmade universe.

e2:
    http://wiki.wiremod.com/wiki/Expression_2

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think that some of dev said that they will implement LUA to display modules, just like in Computercraft.