[Closed][Starmap] - StarOS Map

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    StarOS map is a web based interactive starmap for StarMade. Basically with this tool you can visualise any sector you have explored and show information of ships, stations and other that are in this sectors.

You can see an exemple of the starmap here and the code is availible here (readme in archive for more information).
    Any suggestion is welcome.

Version: 0.5-rev00101

Wiki (construction)

Requierment:

Starmap usage:
    • Maintain left clique allows you to rotate the map.
    • Maintain right clique allows you to move laterally the map.
    • Mouse wheel lets you zoom-in/zoom-out.
    • Maintain mouse wheel lets you zoom-in/zoom-out more quickly.
    • Space bar reset the camera position.
    • Left click on system (blue orb on first view) show you system's content.
    • Left click on entity show its information (name, type, position, sector, ...).
    • Right click pop button to show property window, you can change theme and police.
    • Mouse over system (blue orb on first view) show its coordinates.
    • Mouse over entity show its name.
    Control box usage:

• Checkbox lets you show/hide type of entities on map.
    • Search format for sector and system must be 0,0,0 || 0.0.0 || 0_0_0 || 0 0 0
    • Search withe other lets you serch an entity by its real name or its unique id, example: ENTITY_SHIP_MOB_Isanth-VI_1392326517703_0 or Isanth-VI_1392326517703_0
      Generic names like Shop, Turret, Planet and Asteroid are not allowed, you must search for unique ID (Planet => ENTITY_PLANET_11_3_6_1392326584141).
    • Back button lets you go to previous view.
    • Systems button lets you go to initial view.
    • Button on the left of the box allow you to show / hide control box.
    Login usage:

The StarOS Login work with your StarMade id, informations on map are based on. If user is logged but his in-game pseudo does not match with his StarMade pseudo, user could not see his faction entities.
    /!\ Login system is actually down due to the new star-made.org login system /!\
    • Implement StarMade OAuth system
    • Implement StarOS_lib
    • Implement decoder in StarOS server for realtime file reading
    • Add admin recognition and a specific view (all factions visible)
    • Add view of stations for all factions and a color diagram for controlled area (optional)
    • Replace sprire by 3D models
    • Link to specific system / sector
    • Implement decoder in StarOS server for realtime file reading

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    okay if i find out how to install it i install it ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    do we really need to install those three programs :eek: can't you make it more easy?

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You really need those programs, node.js can be optionnal but if I remove this part the map take many time to load, you can see an exemple on elwyneternity.com
    This app is originally designed for server, client don't need to install anything, he just need to go on the web site and view the server's map.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Thats because it is a big server
    This slowly drains RAM in the client as it downloads. I feel this should be a standalone program rather than a site

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It's should be but if you use it for multi the probleme will be the same, you'll need a server side apps and in this way client don't need to install anything

Reaction score
    I can't get it to work with starmade 0.1421. When I run setup.php I get
    Code:
    Loading entity and player files...
    Loading faction information...
    Loading catalog information...
    Loading blueprint files...
    PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/user/StarOS/includes/setup.php on line 171
    PHP Warning:  fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/user/StarOS/includes/SMDecoder.php on line 59
    Unknown file format
    When I open the starmap, it's empty. The staros_json directory contains a bunch of files in the entities and player directories and it created a catalog and factions file.
    I am running this on a Debian 7 server with apache 2.2.22, php 5.4.4, and node.js 0.10.25.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Code:
    PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /home/user/StarOS/includes/setup.php on line 171
    PHP Warning:  fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/user/StarOS/includes/SMDecoder.php on line 59
    Unknown file format
    When I open the starmap, it's empty. The staros_json directory contains a bunch of files in the entities and player directories and it created a catalog and factions file.
    I am running this on a Debian 7 server with apache 2.2.22, php 5.4.4, and node.js 0.10.25.
    Can you send me your log file in /var/log/StarOS at [email protected], thanks

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Code:
    Unknown file format
    There is no client connection on your log, try to change port config on server settings and main.js (line 46) and if no change try to change host value in main.js (line 45). host value must be "localhost" if you run your map on your machin else it's need to be the server address.

Reaction score
    There is no client connection on your log, try to change port config on server settings and main.js (line 46) and if no change try to change host value in main.js (line 45). host value must be "localhost" if you run your map on your machin else it's need to be the server address.
    I figured it out and got it working. My web server was not running on port 80 because I already had a different website hosted there. It works fine when I run it on port 80.
    Why does it not work when the web server is running on a different port?
    It still does not load my blueprints. It loads one, then throws the error that I posted previously.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I figured it out and got it working. My web server was not running on port 80 because I already had a different website hosted there. It works fine when I run it on port 80.
    Why does it not work when the web server is running on a different port?
    It still does not load my blueprints. It loads one, then throws the error that I posted previously.
    it's a little error on setup.php script, just comment
    PHP:
    createBlueprintDatabase($blueprintsDir, $SMD);
    (line 39), blueprint are not used in this version
    If you have used "localhost" as host, you can try with "localhost:Apache_port", I've already see this probleme on my wamp devel server

Reaction score
    it's a little error on setup.php script, just comment
    PHP:
    createBlueprintDatabase($blueprintsDir, $SMD);
    (line 39), blueprint are not used in this version
    If you have used "localhost" as host, you can try with "localhost:Apache_port", I've already see this probleme on my wamp devel server
    OK, I have it working on the correct port now and it shows everything that's not in a faction.
    I am unable to log in, and I can't see anything in my faction on the map. When I search for the sector with my faction home, it says entities are hidden.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The StarOS Login actually does not work, it's due to the new starmade.org login system. Sorry for this