Cloak/jam does the same to astronauts

Reaction score
    I think
    Jam should jam astronaut signatures of astronauts aligned to jammed ship
    Cloak should cloak astronauts to cloaked ship.

Someone who's aligned to a cloaked/jammed experiences as if no jam/cloak was active on the aligned ship.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nickizzy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, as somebody who uses cloak regularly I'm definitely not happy with the way current cloaking works.
    Cloaking should only have a visible affect for non aligned players.
    Anybody aligned should see no change and the ship and docked entities should all be visible to all who are aligned.
    [doublepost=1505994438,1505994383][/doublepost]Oh, but only if they were aligned before cloak. Otherwise they see nothing.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think all aligned astronauts should get an automatic jam effect, regardless of whether the host ship has a jamming block.

In effect, the ship would protect the crew from being targeted directly or by heatseekers. You'd have to perform a boarding action or some other astronaut-level function to attack individuals. Or manually point your gun at the astronaut. Future game functions like hacking a target's sensors or teleport system could be implemented to override the aligned astronaut's jam effect, but those functions are not yet in the game.