Bug Chunks (or blocks) flickering!

Reaction score
    When I play starmade I look at the store and its flickering! It seems to do that to all blocks, they all disappear and reappear! I have browsed the all over the internet and I can't find anything, how can I fix this problem?

Here are my specs

RAM: 8 GB
    System type: 64-bit
    processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 17-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz
    Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Is the Option " Use Frame Buffer" enabled under the Settings -> show advanced settings in the Connection setup window ?
    If yes .. please post graphcisinfo.txt from the Strarmade/logs folder here

Reaction score
    Is the Option " Use Frame Buffer" enabled under the Settings -> show advanced settings in the Connection setup window ?
    If yes .. please post graphcisinfo.txt from the Strarmade/logs folder here
    I turned it on so you could see... hope it helps.

Running on thread: ClientThread
    Adapter: igdumdim64
    Driver Version: 10.18.10.3960
    Vendor: Intel
    OpenGL Version: 4.3.0 - Build 10.18.10.3960
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    GLSL Ver: 4.30 - Build 10.18.10.3960

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are you sure it updated your driver? I believe a lot of these drawing issues are a result of not updated drivers as the new build .18999 is using new tech. Of which a driver update is needed.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Ok if the new driver shows up under the Graphcisinfo.txt settings and your "Use Frame Buffer" Option is on then i am out of ideas.

we would need someone to fiddle around with your settings.cfg and an Intel HD4600 setup that is working properly.
    sorry i cant do that because i do not have the required GPU core

Reaction score
    Ok if the new driver shows up under the Graphcisinfo.txt settings and your "Use Frame Buffer" Option is on then i am out of ideas.

we would need someone to fiddle around with your settings.cfg and an Intel HD4600 setup that is working properly.
    sorry i cant do that because i do not have the required GPU core
    oh ok, I appreciate the help... thanks!

Reaction score
    i see to have similar problem, i got soem astroid lodain only part of them self, and then disappearing, then i got the station doing the same, along with a Copy of the first rock trying to load inside of it, i see duplicate sections of my ship trying to load at different areas.... and its been only happening recently

Reaction score
    I also seem to have the same issue where the game appears to not be able to load all of the blocks that it is trying to load so it cycles between chunks of blocks making it impossible to play

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Hello again.

After some testing and seeing the problem on my system and using Lancakes working settings.cfg on my system, please try the following: delete your settings.cfg, start into the game and exit to generate a new settings.cfg, open that new one and change that line as follows "G_USE_VBO_MAP = false". Start the game and see if it works and then fine tune the other settings. Please tell us if that works.

Reactions: TopPredator
    Reaction score
    Hey,
    i had exactly the same problem and the latest solution from SmilingDemon worked for me!
    My System:
    Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU 2.2GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GT740M
    It's a lenovo laptop.

Thanks for Support!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    TopPredator ... make sure your system executes Java with the Nvidia GPU and not with the i7 iGPU.
    i qoute from a FAQ here :
    "2) Multiple GPUs and using the "powersaving one" to run the game (a pretty common reason for all notebooks, or multi-GPU systems):
    If you have another graphics-card in your computer, tell your computer to execute java via GPU only. (In the case of NVidia cards you can do this in the "NVidia Control center")
    Adding "javaw.exe" to program list in control center and setting it to 'GPU only' usually fixes startup crashs and lower than average FPS,"

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Yes .. switching to the other GPU is not going to remove the flickering in most cases ... but it may improve game performance greatly.
    that was the reason i did pointed that out :)