Chuck's Frigate

Reaction score
    This is something i've been working on for the past month. i scrapped a couple designs of it allready from past updates but this is what i'm sticking with now.
    http://imgur.com/a/ZKK2X#0
    I'm considering this as the middle section for now.
    The back will have more hanger space while the front(exposed power blocks) just might be for all the big guns.
    I'm thinking the top might just be a runway.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice work Chuck!

I can't wait to see your Frigate in more stages of development,

Thanks for playing StarMade

Reaction score
    http://imgur.com/a/E5yQd#0
    right now i'm doing the very tedious task of putting several layers of Hull on this giant ship.
    to do this i downloaded an autoclicker which is really saving my fingers.

As of now the main cannon takes away tiny chunks of the energy bar. using the thrusters takes out even beigger chunks but more frequently. the only solution i can see is to put silos of power generators on the top of the ship. I put Fire and forget missles in the front(green blocks).

currently the inside cargo area is really empty. I need to make some sort of small ship that can go in and out through the runways on the sides of the ship. Also the top is empty. I kinda want to put rotating turrets on the top using Docking modules but i'm afraid the guns will clip through the ship.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Wow, this looks really awesome.

I have a few tips for you: There is a rapid block placing mode. It takes a little getting used to bug if you know how it works, it can really save you a lot of time.
    To activate if hold the left mouse with control pressed. The placing will restrict itself to 2 dimensions depending on where you clicked and hold the mouse.
    E.g., if the last block you placed was in the Y direction, the dimension will be restricted to the X,Z plane.
    That makes it really easy to fill out planen. just click and hold in the middle of a plane with the control-key, and you can fill out the plane by moving the mouse.

The orientation of docking modules is restricted to around 90 degrees from its original orientation. The orientation of the dock depends directly on the orientation of the docking module. you can changeorientation by holding shift and pressing either WASDQE in build mode. if you place a docking module facing up. It won't probably clip with your ship. just try it out on another ship to get the hang of it.

cheers,
    schema

Reaction score
    actually i"ve been using the auto place feature for awhile but my fingures got really sore from holding down the buttons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    chuck,
    Also, I like your avatar, is that your squadron in game? Would be a cool decal on a ship I would think ;)

Reaction score
    I didn't make the avatar. It's something i pulled off of google for a book report.
    "Starship Troopers" by Robert A. Heinlein. A very good book with some sci-fi nd political stuff.
    It's mainly from the movie thought. I forget why but the main characters get a tattoo of the image. It shows that they are Mobile Infantry.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We all missed you at the multiplayer test, next time the server is up you should stop by and show us your ship :)

Reaction score
    I wanted to but I didn't wake up till 4:00 PM.

The ship is pretty much done. Instead of making it look realistic like a ship you'd expct to see in Halo i made it look a bit silly. The only think left is to put some docking module turrets and docking modules so i can load up the hanger. Problem is I still cant use the docking module. I can buy it from the store and have it show up as a Docking module with wrench texture but if i go to place it a warning message will pop up saying i cant place a build module on a ship :(

even worse i used the main one(the main copy i keep working off of) to fly around to a planet to see if i could get a picture of the ship peaking through the atmosphere(?). the problem is i couldn't get the picture so i just went to shoot the main laser while backing away from the planet and then the game crahsed :O
    No it's cool i saved the ship before I left the shop :)
    :( For some reason the ship wouldn't load all the way.
    Fine i'll go and find the original ship. :( cant find it. It mst of went into the void when the game crashed.
    Then I just quit but then you know i can fill in all the missing blocks on the ships that didn't load :)
    For some reason I cant get back into singleplayer:( The game crahes when it starts to synchronise before the actual game window pops up.
    I sent in some crash reports but it still stinks.