Cheap Ship Competition [open]

Reaction score
    Hello!

Due to the lack of participants, the date is extended to April 15, 2015!

__ I am the host of this competition. And there are no prizes, unless someone offers something as a prize.

__ There are 4 classes of ships, each with 3 winners, having a total of maximum 12 winners:

Ship classes:
    Code:
    Feather class: 25,000 credits or less
    Light class: 25,001 up to 50,000
    Medium class: 50,001 up to 100,000
    Heavy class: 100,001 up to 200,000
    Winners categories for each class:
    Code:
    Utility
    Maneuverability
    Combat
    . The winners will be chosen by the public. The ships' links are to be posted in this thread before April 15. Also, if there are less than 3 ships for one category of winner for each class, no winner will be picked for that category of that class.

Note: _ The death cubes ARE ALLOWED, as long as they are not plain cubes and they have no more than 6 blocks gaps with access to uncovered system blocks. The only exception is when the system blocks are used as decorations.
    ___ For example, SapCheap Black Fish Mk2 haves exactly one block gap with access to uncovered Ship Core, Missiles Computer, Salvage Computer and Activation Module (for landing feet) and the energy storage are looking somewhat like the green glowing teeth of a fish, the shield capacitators like stops and the shield recharger like an "update" signal (showing that something is there, in case you lost the ship and the green light is covered by other light sources and you're looking at the ship from behind).

List of the participant ships:
    MechLoader (91575).
    None, for now...

Entry example:
    Code:
    Name: SapCheap Black Fish Mk2
    Price: 48,725
    Link: http://starmadedock.net/content/sapcheap-black-fish-mk2.1713/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi, I build a Feather class ship but It still needs bit of testing, maybe even change of armament. I'll probably put it here tomorow. Oh and btw it's not a doomcube it's more like a doomwing :D

Reaction score
    I hoped for a bit of hull, at least... but, well, the people of this forum will vote the winner, so, I guess you have a chance to win, unless somebody comes with a better one...
    Hull is just so freaking expensive, man. My policy is: Less (hull) is more (performance). BTW: people come on! We need moar cheap, ugly, weird and armorless gladiator drones! (Or any ships to compete with, really.)

Reaction score
    But if the ship looks ugly, what's the point? You may also end up having a death-other_shape_than_a_cube... which is the same, if you don't make it look decent, at least...

Reaction score
    But if the ship looks ugly, what's the point? You may also end up having a death-other_shape_than_a_cube... which is the same, if you don't make it look decent, at least...
    Do it really looks so ugly? It's sure not some flying art but it's long and chopped of any pointless stuff... It's a chopper, hell yeah! :D

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    My cheapest military drone is 31900 :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Its waiting to be approved by moderators

Everything that goes into community content has to wait a bit

Reaction score
    My cheapest military drone is 31900 :)
    Yeah, it's kinda difficult to make small yet well designed ships...[DOUBLEPOST=1416674139,1416673798][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Its waiting to be approved by moderators

Everything that goes into community content has to wait a bit
    My bad, I didn't looked at the date you posted that comment...Has anyone tried to make a Stealth Jammed ship as cheap as possible? I may try to make that for the Utility section... and, maybe, place a Salvage Module on it, for salvaging while still safe... it may have no chance at the other sections, but it's an almost sure win...
    OR a quick-salvager... or even an full-overdrived salvager, with a bit of shields... who knows what could be the result?[DOUBLEPOST=1416674231][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do it really looks so ugly? It's sure not some flying art but it's long and chopped of any pointless stuff... It's a chopper, hell yeah! :D
    It's not ugly, but I've seen some stuff in starmade... this is like a piece of cake!

Reaction score
    Noone else interested?
    The limit date increased to April 15, 2015!

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Noone else interested?
    The limit date increased to April 15, 2015!
    I do have the wasp dropship I've yet to release and it's really small and cheap. Might enter it into the contest as well.

ASM

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    http://starmadedock.net/content/zst-sm-drone.2072/ As of this moment, the ship is waiting on approval.
    This is the current Standard Drones i use on my ships and drone racks, while it is small, in my opinion it operate well enough in large numbers and it doesn't look quite bad :) This may also not be my only submission, may make something for the Heavy Class of ships but don't quote me on that.
    *Edit* I have a pretty nice shuttle but the cheapest i could get it was 230,000.
    Price : 46428 credits

Last edited: