Chat is IRC and here is some useful information (I know chats temp)

Reaction score
    IRC or internet Relay chat is a common solid but fairly old system that facilitates the trans fare of information in text form. its been around since 1988 and although not at its peak it still supports 500,000 users from scene torrenters and anonymous to gamer clans and live dev support. little of which is important to you guys I'm sure.

what is useful is some commands,

/nick [new name] = name change
    /msg [nick] = messages that person
    /join #channelname =join a channel
    /me = self chat or does a 3rd person chat
    /quit = quit
    /list = lists all channels on the server by order of people in them highest-lowest
    /msg nickserv register <password> <email> = Register your nickname

as I understand it, the chat is temporary so not everything is in place to protect you the starmade user or even the devs.

the starmade channel is a temp channel on the Esper.NET servercluster so the over all owners are not the starmade admins, so if something goes bad they only have control of that specific channel.

one thing to be done is;

/msg nickserv register [password]

/msg = the direct message command from earlier, nickserv is a bot that registers your nick, register is the command you give the bot, and the password and email are specific to you and they will be the markers for your account, when you get an e-mail you will get a 2nd command line to use to save your account. once thats done every time you login you will have to type

/msg nickserv identify [password]

to login, this will stop people stealing your name on IRC, something the mods can kick or ban you from the specific chan for doing but not the IRC server as a whole.

also some users, have had issue with previous moderation so typing

/j #[insert channel] will create a channel if one by that name doesn't already exist and you will be that chan admin if again one doesn't already exist.

for instance if you type /j #euro-corp you will join a euro-corp channel I have created.

thanks for reading and Hope I helped.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Oh I almost forgot, you can download a dedicated IRC client, which gives you more control
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_Relay_Chat_clients

I use MIRC personally, i like the color and font options lets me make it look how I want.

here is how it looks for me, with the euro-corp font and cathode-ray green on a purple background, this is on my work laptop which has some shitty screen and bad range, so if you have a good screen this image will give your eyes pain as it does for me on my gaming computer.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You've got most of the essentials down-pat. It'd be nice if you could add commands for registering a nickname, so that problems of impersonation are lessened.

Register your nickname: /msg nickserv register <password> <email>
    It takes your current nick as the one you want to register.
    Once it's been registered, from then on you'll have to identify yourself on connecting to the server.
    Identify with: /msg nickserv identify <password>
    Dedicated IRC clients can do this automatically, I'd highly recommend getting one (Hexchat is the best one I know, especially since it's open-source and free and everything).

Reaction score
    You've got most of the essentials down-pat. It'd be nice if you could add commands for registering a nickname, so that problems of impersonation are lessened.

Register your nickname: /msg nickserv register <password> <email>
    It takes your current nick as the one you want to register.
    Once it's been registered, from then on you'll have to identify yourself on connecting to the server.
    Identify with: /msg nickserv identify <password>
    Dedicated IRC clients can do this automatically, I'd highly recommend getting one (Hexchat is the best one I know, especially since it's open-source and free and everything).

sorry I wasn't paying full attention, new site and all trying to rush a few things, I put down the identify command but not the register one...........sigh*

thanks

Reactions: DukeofRealms

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    sorry I wasn't paying full attention, new site and all trying to rush a few things, I put down the identify command but not the register one...........sigh*

thanks
    The register command needs in it :P