Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    Yes I just recently finished the hull for a Taiidan Assault Frigate who's total length was 148m. Its going to take a fleet of friends to go toe to toe with this monster. Now if I can only get you to build that exhaust port over the core...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes I just recently finished the hull for a Taiidan Assault Frigate who's total length was 148m. Its going to take a fleet of friends to go toe to toe with this monster. Now if I can only get you to build that exhaust port over the core...
    It doesn't need an exhaust port since the biproducts are recycled. Besides, this isn't a poorly engineered death star ;)

Also keep in mind that the ship will house 2 or more 120m light cruisers (or frigates, whatever you want to call them). The cruiser is built actually, I'll post some pics when I get home.

Reaction score
    Oh very nice and Red! However its the hull detailing that impresses me the most. The way you have broken up what would have been a smooth featureless hull is very well done. The design its self is simple but where I would have thought that would make it plain I find it anything but. Nicely done. Ah you guys and your huge hulls. Frankly I don't know if your all compensating for something or not. Yet I know that I'm suddenly suffering from Titan envy!

My natural reaction to this is to want to rush off and build one twice as large. However I have completed enough hulls by now to know that isn't such a great idea. The amount of time needed to actually finish a project that size is considerable. That is if you want something other than a gray box when your finished. Then there is the little issue of paying for it when you load it up to your favorite server. Assuming they allow you to bring such a monster home.

Fortunately for me I have some other ideas...

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh don't worry, I really enjoy flying in small ships (probably more than bigger actually).

I actually imagined this ship before discovering starmade, so it's not out of need to have something gigantic. I'd just make a much simpler ship if that was the case godsgopher

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Imersive blocks, windoom hasice wedges and lava wedges for evil looks
    Thanks for all the support, I'm actually smiling right now! Here, have likes (it's the least I can do) :D

To answer questions:
    1. I'll probably upload the turret, keep in mind that it will drain 5 million power per second from the main ship/station.
    2. Orph, there are no ice crystal wedges (I wish there was). What you're seeing is probably the glow reflecting on a grey hull wedge.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I shouldnt be picky as this is way better than anything i've done, but i think your smaller turrets (you're calling them point defense turrets? Really?) are a lil too boxy towards the back, it looks fine, but overall i dont think it fits with the rather angular look the rest of the ship has that well.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I shouldnt be picky as this is way better than anything i've done, but i think your smaller turrets (you're calling them point defense turrets? Really?) are a lil too boxy towards the back, it looks fine, but overall i dont think it fits with the rather angular look the rest of the ship has that well.
    Yea, I know... :/

I just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. I tried to hide the boxy back with detail as best as I could but it's still one or the things I'm the least satisfied of.

Reactions: WolfChild

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Update 3: ENGINES :D

I made a big part of the primary engines (literally the second engines I've ever built in starmade).

It actually deepens, gives a little effect when looming from further back and looks much nicer. Because yes, it's 3D detailing:

There will be secondary smaller engines on the sides btw. But that's it for most or the main engines visible part.

Sooooo, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think it's damn pretty. It'll be interesting to see what the effect is like once the secondary engines are in.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think it's damn pretty. It'll be interesting to see what the effect is like once the secondary engines are in.
    Thanks a lot!!!

I'm still unsure as to how the other engines will look like. I didn't plan out the back part at all... So yea, freestyle building engines ftw (like I did with the two big ones lol)

By the way, please ignore the ton of grammar mistakes I make in my previous post. The phone I'm using right now is so derpy that I'm unable to edit it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice exhaust ports there. It's pretty impressive.

As for the secondary thrusters I think you may want something that complements the spiky bits of the engines. Those look a bit lonely right now.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Nice exhaust ports there. It's pretty impressive.

As for the secondary thrusters I think you may want something that complements the spiky bits the engines. Those look a bit lonely right now.
    Yea, good idea! I already have a design in mind. Kinda like the atmospheric engines in ksp. I vaguely aimed for that with the big engines but realised that it would hide them too much. It's also going to be easier to do on smaller engines.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Those engines put mine to shame, and I've always thought them my stronger area... :(

They look fantastic though. Maybe some smaller vanes on the angles or something? Seems to be something missing there.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thanks for the compliment :)

I don't get what you mean by "smaller vanes on the angles". If you mean the X shape that is covering the engine then rest assured, it's detailed too ;) . It's just hard to see because of how dark it is (and the detail is black). WolfChild

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I've been working on detailing my Condor MKII.

*****DOWNLOADING DETAILS FROM KEPTICKS COMPUTER LOGS*****

DOWNLOADING....
    DOWNLOADING....

*****DOWNLOAD COMPLETE*****

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the compliment :)

I don't get what you mean by "smaller vanes on the angles". If you mean the X shape that is covering the engine then rest assured, it's detailed too ;) . It's just hard to see because of how dark it is (and the detail is black). WolfChild
    Sorry for my lack of explaining. By angles I mean shorter vanes between the ones that are currently there, basically where the X shape meets the edge of the circle. The edge just seems a little plain at the moment.

However, I don't know that would look better - it's up to you - it's just what I would personally try.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh, I get what you meant. And yea, you're right.
    I know exactly what to add.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would take your sniper turret, mount one smaller turret as main turret and some small on the other 4 sides and would use this as a ship.
    You build interior into your turret, did you? It would be a nice corvette :)
    Just joking ;)

/me likes the ship's design.
    It has a bit less hull around the core as I would have done, but I guess at this size, range, dps and who lags out first matter a lot more.
    I would try to divide such a ship into more entities to compensate for destroyed cores, but are not experienced at building a ship with that size and can only guess about game mechanics for lag-sized objects.

But can you please post some interior as well? I think that is what really shows design skills.