Changed Gun Sprites/Models and How a Player's Character Model Should Interact with it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What do I mean?

The idea of different weapon skins and sprites is to firstly: Make the weapons identifiable and the sprites easier to identify and secondly: make the shooting seem familiar for new players who might play more popular FPS game like CoD and lastly: giving the player a sense of immersion as if they were looking through the astronaut's view instead of looking through a screen. (You can't see your hands.)

What should be added/changed?

The standard pistol skin/sprite just doesn't look good and make sense with some of the current weapons and won't make sense A slot in the inventory to store a Primary Weapon (e.g. Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher), Secondary Weapon (Laser Pistol, The Flame Torch Beam) and a Support/Special Weapon(Power Supply Pistol, Grapple, Flashlight) would limit the amount of weapons used to stop heavy power weapon spam (e.g. Rockets, Sniper Rounds.) and make it easier to display on the character. (It is basicly a loadout that can be changed mid game)

All the weapons that are in the weapons slot can be switched to by pressing a key/combination of keys instead of the inventory/hotbar and should display with the primary weapon on the player's back, secondary on the right side of the waist (As the current skin is now doing with the Laser Pistol) and the Support/Special Weapon being on the left side of the waist.

When the player has a weapon selected on the weapons hotbar the character can hold up the gun and it will show to everyone and will appear like that in first person view (The first picture). The sniper rifle zoom function should display like a zoomed in scope shown down below. It should also be able to be zoomed in even more with the scroll wheel. (Second Picture down below)

Some Pictures to demonstrate what I mean?

What I mean (But without the land):

A sniper scope design (Sorry for this being so big):

This would make starmade look nicer, Astronaut Mode gunfights seem more streamlined and weapon sprites would be easier to tell the difference between Laser Pistol and Sniper Rifle.

Thank you for reading this!