Read by Council Changeable Build Helper

Reaction score
    An extra button, where you can just change a parameter in your already set buildhelper rather then have to set the build helper all new again. if i want to make a sphere i have to put in the radius. then an angle in which i want do build and then click on my center block.
    if i want to do another line i have to put in everything again with just one degree more or less.
    this is rather time consuming.
    it would really help just to change the already established values or the anchor.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    This would be quite helpful as well as some general improvements and additions to the current build helper; which I'm sure have been posted about a few times before. I'm wondering if we can get a little more discussion going on in this thread in regard to what folks would like to see improved or changed about the build helper. Thanks for posting!

(Edited: Made some typos, fixed them, was an exceptionally long day.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm wondering if we can get a little more discussion going on in this thread in regard to what folks would like to see improved or changed about the build helper.
    A few links to other thread about improvements to build mode. No need to go into them in detail, since it's already been done in the other threads. I know there are plans to revamp the UI at some point, and build mode is very useful already. But it's like getting a rough diamond. Awesome, but it could be so much more.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Thanks kiraen, that's great work! Also, SkylordLuke does this topic qualify for inclusion in mega-thread? Eitherway, I think more discussion about what folks want from it would be useful.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I personally would like to see more shapes. Pyramid, Octahedron, Cube, Ect...
    Yes. Such shapes could be re-used in a city-building algorithm to build random cities on planets throughout the universe as they are discovered.

I think the cities that the planets have now are pre-made and are always the same. Randomized cities would provide more exploration opportunities. When missions/quests are added to the game, entire mission threads could be generated for use in random cities populated with NPCs.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    Yes. Such shapes could be re-used in a city-building algorithm to build random cities on planets throughout the universe as they are discovered.

I think the cities that the planets have now are pre-made and are always the same. Randomized cities would provide more exploration opportunities. When missions/quests are added to the game, entire mission threads could be generated for use in random cities populated with NPCs.
    This idea is a win in my book, can't emphasize this enough.