Implemented change monitors with logic

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Monitors are really fun and add alot to the surroundings. But i feel the lack of able to change the monitors behavior once they are puted out.

I think it would be nice if it was possible to change the monitor similar to the rail blocks.
    1 button connected to a monitor that change to the format the monitor near the botton is. Just like rails.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    For ages I've heard that display modules (that's what we're talking about here yes?) were originally intended to be much more advanced. When we'll see changes or what that will entail, I cannot say. In the mean time, I've totally used rails to change monitor output, just in a much much more complicated way then you're thinking or wanting. :)

If you haven't seen it, check out this video particularly the end:

Hope that tides you over for now, assuming this is what you meant.. and if you do amazing things w/ displays I wanna see it! Love this stuff.

I'll also drop this on the council as well to see if we can't drum up a little info about where displays are headed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ayes display modules they are called. Well this is indeed a solution but nothing i mess around with to much. I have display blocks that are not convenient placed near a wall ;)

But might use the Technic is smaller things. Thanks for the info and lets hope the future is bright.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema did talk about display modules in the last Q & A but I don't remember what was actually said about them...

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Pretty brilliant idea. I will document this and maybe one day we can take a look at whether it's a reality!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, you're not the first to suggest this, nor will you be the last...

Search function is a neat thing to use before posting.

But yeah, one day I'm assuming we'll get this and a whole slew of other proposed or teased Display features.