Recognized Change Factory Production Like Rails

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Basically I want to setup a minmal factory chain, and then like the rails have alternate setups.

A button by a factory. The factory is slaved to the button, and then another factory is slaved to that button. When you activate the button all settings from the close factory transfer to the new factory.

This means I could have one large manufacturing plant and quickly change between all the colors, or other types of production.

Reactions: Benevolent27
    Reaction score
    This would be extremely useful to reduce the amount of factory enhancers needed and automated mining fleets.

Reaction score
    This also means that with some devious logic, you can produce things based on what storages receive items (If we ever get comprehensive storage-based logic)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I love this idea! You could literally have a slowly spinning wheel of buttons and just one factory visible on a station, each button would have a label and change the factory in the room to produce the thing you want. :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A good idea though it will still take ages before you got something like that setup. I support anything that helps ship production because I want more combat! Could also make a distribution bank a bit more possible :D

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So let me be sure. Logic next to factory A. It has settings. Press logic. Settings are now transferred to factory B, which is slaved to the logic.

Seems fair. There might be changes to factories in general in the future, although we need to see how that pans out before we put something like this in.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    So let me be sure. Logic next to factory A. It has settings. Press logic. Settings are now transferred to factory B, which is slaved to the logic.

Seems fair. There might be changes to factories in general in the future, although we need to see how that pans out before we put something like this in.
    Yeah pretty much this. Would make it a lot easier to swap a factory out for quicker setups. There might be other ways to deal with this problem, but since factories aren't fun after a certain point in the game I suggested it.

Reactions: Criss

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Basically I want to setup a minmal factory chain, and then like the rails have alternate setups.

A button by a factory. The factory is slaved to the button, and then another factory is slaved to that button. When you activate the button all settings from the close factory transfer to the new factory.

This means I could have one large manufacturing plant and quickly change between all the colors, or other types of production.
    I really like this idea. I've been brainstorming on ideas of how to have a good factory system in StarMade, that is unique to StarMade, but also allows people to build up automated systems, and I think this fits the bill perfectly. I'd love to see this implemented.