[CHALLENGE] Ro-Sham-Bo Hands!

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    --- A community challenge from your good friends (or enemies as the case may be) at SR7 and RageLogin---

Hello fellow StarMates! Today I have an intermediate-level rail-based challenge for you all -- make a robotic hand (or make the whole mech if you want, we don't care!) that can play the classic game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Bonus points if you can add the Lizard and Spock gestures, and our undying collective disappointment in you if your hand can master the magic of RPS101.

If we have enough entries, we may also create a live RPS competition for people to participate in with their creations!

You have two weeks, ending May 29th at 7pm Central Time (midnight of 29th-30th GMT). Get building!

Reactions: Chaosinflesh
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    --- A community challenge from your good friends (or enemies as the case may be) at SR7 and RageLogin---

Hello fellow StarMates! Today I have an intermediate-level rail-based challenge for you all -- make a robotic hand (or make the whole mech if you want, we don't care!) that can play the classic game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Bonus points if you can add the Lizard and Spock gestures, and our undying collective disappointment in you if your hand can master the magic of RPS101.

If we have enough entries, we may also create a live RPS competition for people to participate in with their creations!

You have two weeks, ending May 29th at 7pm Central Time (midnight of 29th-30th GMT). Get building!
    do you have any other challenges? or can you make a personal one for me?
    i want to make something of which people go like :O i wunt dat!
    but i cant come up with anything that usefull..... any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Don't worry, I am here to lend a hand!

This is my submission for the Ro-Sham-Bo Hands contest. It features 10 reprogrammable 32 bit timed memory cells, pre programed with Rocks Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. The programed motions can then be accessed manually or wirelessly through the command cabin(back right). It also features a manual control panel(behind the hand), a demo button with wireless support that runs through all the programed gestures(left middle), and a wireless peer-to-peer connection that outputs it's readiness, and blocks movement until it receives a ready signal from it's input.(bottom right). This forces the hands to gesture simultaneously. Here is an example of it in motion(demo mode):

I have a couple images of the inner workings:

I hope you guys like it. If I need a .sment to enter it, I will post it in community content. Likewise if you just want to experiment with it.

Reactions: Gamma92

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Don't worry, I am here to lend a hand!

This is my submission for the Ro-Sham-Bo Hands contest. It features 10 reprogrammable 32 bit timed memory cells, pre programed with Rocks Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. The programed motions can then be accessed manually or wirelessly through the command cabin(back right). It also features a manual control panel(behind the hand), a demo button with wireless support that runs through all the programed gestures(left middle), and a wireless peer-to-peer connection that outputs it's readiness, and blocks movement until it receives a ready signal from it's input.(bottom right). This forces the hands to gesture simultaneously. Here is an example of it in motion(demo mode):

I have a couple images of the inner workings:

I hope you guys like it. If I need a .sment to enter it, I will post it in community content. Likewise if you just want to experiment with it.
    Holy crap! Well done!

.sment please :3

Reaction score
    Suddenly realizing the possibility of creating the Iron Giant in Starmade...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Aside from Trekkerjoe, did anyone else attempt this?

I got too busy with work to add automatic logic to mine...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I gave up, my hand is somewhat bigger and caused too many problems with rail mass enhancers.