Cargo transfer problem with rotational docker

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello All,

Not sure where to post this question, but since it's game play related I chose this sub forum.

I got the idea to create a rotational mining ship. Before the cargo update this wasn't a problem since inventories were unlimited, however since we now need to take the amount of cargo into account this becomes a little more involved since the salvage linked storage needs to be on the rotating part.

No problem, of course, since we can transfer cargo using the rail docker and the rail it's docked to. At least that is what I thought, it seems this transfer mechanic doesn't work when the rail docker is docked to a rail rotator.

Needless to say, you can't have a rotating salvage beam array with storage without using a rail rotator as dock, or I must be missing something, so shouldn't this cargo transfer functionality be added to rail rotator blocks?

Also, related to transferring cargo via docked entities, shouldn't there be way to switch storage pull on and off via logic in the future since this is directly related to cargo transfer via docking?

For what its worth, here a shot of the test ship. ;)

Greets,

Jan

(if there's better sub-forum for this post Mods please feel free to relocate <g>)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its not really turned off on rail rotators, you can't make the link between rail rotator and storage but you can turn the rotator into a normal rail make the link then change it back and it will still work.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Interesting Malacodor, never thought about that possibility, or that this even was possible. ;)

I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Greets,

Jan