Captain of the U.S.S. Vanquish on Trial for Possible Logic Bomb conspiracy

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Judge: Order in the Court, Order in the Court.
    Attorney: Your honor, I would like to call Captain EWHIII to the stand please.
    Judge: Will Captain EWHIII please stand to be sworn in.
    Bailiff: Please raise your right hand. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
    Defendant (Cpt. EWHIII): I do
    Judge: Please be seated
    Attorney: Please state your name and position.
    Defendant: I'm Captain EWHIII, and I'm the Captain of the U.S.S. Vanquish.
    Attorney: I see. Captain, please look at this photo, is this your ship, the U.S.S. Vanquish?

Defendant: Yeah
    Attorney: Captain, no slang please. Please speak clearly.
    Defendant: Yes, that is my ship.
    Attorney: Captain, is there a mall on your ship, the U.S.S. Vanquish?
    Defendant: Yes.
    Attorney: Is this that mall?

Defendant: Yes
    Attorney: Is this button located in this mall?

Defendant: Yes, it is used to tur....
    Attorney: (interrupts) A simple yes or no will do Captain. What is it's function?
    Defendant: As I was about to explain, it is to turn on and off the lights in the mall.
    Attorney: I see. Play the video
    Attorney: Captain, did you see the notification to the right when the button was pressed?
    Defendant: I DID!! BUT I NEVER SEEN THAT NOTIFICA...
    Attorney: (interrupts) Captain...
    Defendant: NO! BUT THAT WASN'T THERE WHEN VANQU...
    Attorney: CAPTAIN! WAIT FOR THE QUESTION PLEASE!! Is it true that the button was created to execute a logic bomb in Starmade?!?!
    Defendant: ABSOLUTELY NOT! First I don't know what Starmade is, and second, I wouldn't know how to create a logic bomb or what it would even be used for!! Wouldn't you want a lightswitch in your mall!?!?
    Attorney: Captain, you're the one on trial here, not me. Also, as stated previously, A simple yes or no would do, however it appears that you are very good at creating logic bombs!!! Admit it captain, you had that button installed just to create a logic bomb AND to broadcast your position to the enemy just so you can put your crew in danger fighting pirates!! You tried hiding it behind a lame story about it being a button for lights!!!
    Defendant: ABSURD! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO MY CREW! AND BESIDES, THAT NOTIFICATION CLEARLY SAID "POSSIBLE LOGIC BO.."
    Judge: (interrupts) ORDER IN THE COURT! The video is clear!! People like you make me sick Captain! Your job is to protect your crew but instead, you put them in danger just to fulfill your gross thirst for battle!!
    Defendant: What the heck is going on!??! I just wanted to be able to turn off the lights so people know when the mall is closed!
    Judge: I FIND YOU GUILTY!! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!! 30 YEARS IN PRISON!!
    Defendant: WAIT! WAIT! I... I... I CAN REMOVE THE BUTTON SO THAT THE LIGHTS STAY ON! I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU A SHIP!!
    Judge: GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!! AND ADD ANOTHER 10 YEARS FOR ATTEMPTED BRIBERY!!!

Eh... i was bored. Anyhooo, with all seriousness, how do I fix the "Potential Logic Bomb" notification when turning on and off the lights? I guess I wasn't aware that turning on thousands of lights would create lag (lol not until I now hear how silly it sounds). It didn't appear that it was slowing anything down. That notification must have been added in a recent update because it wasn't there prior to upload. Good thing I'm in the process of adding new features or I would have never known. I wonder what else is now broken?!?!? I haven't tested it on a server to see if it broadcasts it's current sector to every player or not.

Is there a way to fix it, or should I rename it "Mall lights and U.S.S. Vanquish Distress Broadcast Beacon?". Or just leave the lights on and remove the button altogether?!?! If it truly is causing a problem, I can remove it in the next update (although my personal ship will always have it with all the work I put into it!! Plus I like the closed look at times).

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I didn't even notice any lag in the video, tbh just ignore it. It's hardly a "lag bomb".

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    So this is what? - an advert for a youtube channel?

Reaction score
    So this is what? - an advert for a youtube channel?
    Nope, the video isn't even publicized. I'm referencing the notification to the right. Maximize the video.
    [doublepost=1494642180,1494641809][/doublepost]
    I didn't even notice any lag in the video, tbh just ignore it. It's hardly a "lag bomb".
    Well, I'm probably ok with ignoring it, but I'm not sure if other players that use the ship would appreciate it broadcasting to the world what sector they are in every time someone turn on/off the lights, especially since broadcasting isn't the purpose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Lag messages are only supposed to be broadcast to admins.

Reaction score
    Lag messages are only supposed to be broadcast to admins.
    Thank you. I was hoping that was the case (seriously, no pun intended). I'm cool with that. Then as Thadius Faran suggested, I'll just ignore it. Since it just started up, I'm just glad it isn't something more serious in which I would have to remove it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I've spotted these messages popping up from time to time. Thought that it was something new and I'm not an admin.

I did have a station that had a button that controlled (via some logic) almost every light on the station. Sometimes it would lag like hell and take 10-15 seconds for all the lights to switch on or off.

Reaction score
    So it would be usefull to split up light groups, if I want to turn them on and off? Like: having a signal module for each floor, and then connecting this module via some delay modules to a central switch, instead of connecting all the lights a stations has to one single module?

Reaction score
    I've spotted these messages popping up from time to time. Thought that it was something new and I'm not an admin.

I did have a station that had a button that controlled (via some logic) almost every light on the station. Sometimes it would lag like hell and take 10-15 seconds for all the lights to switch on or off.
    Now that's interesting...
    [doublepost=1494693061,1494692614][/doublepost]
    So it would be usefull to split up light groups, if I want to turn them on and off?
    I too considered this. I have two light switches in the mall linked together (different ends of the mall), and I guess I would be ok with half of the mall lights going out with one switch and the other half of the mall going out with the other switch (who knows, maybe real malls are like this?!?!?).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I used a circuit I found on the forum that was three step delay on/off.

Press Button
    > Delay
    > > Circuit 1 on
    > Delay
    > > Circuit 2 on
    > Delay
    > > Circuit 3 on

The off was the above steps in reverse starting with circuit 3.

I've seen the message on the Breries(?) server over the last couple of days. Sometimes it has been something at spawn (2,2,2) and sometimes elsewhere. The first time I noticed it I had just installed a "wireless" chain drive to a ship and had activated it for the first time! I was relieved to see the message was not about anything in my sector but it did make me worry at first as I have never had a lot of luck with chain drives in the past.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Now that's interesting...
    [doublepost=1494693061,1494692614][/doublepost]
    I too considered this. I have two light switches in the mall linked together (different ends of the mall), and I guess I would be ok with half of the mall lights going out with one switch and the other half of the mall going out with the other switch (who knows, maybe real malls are like this?!?!?).
    The place i used to work out of was way smaller than a mall and we had four light switches to control all the lights in the building. So its probable a mall has way more than that.

Reaction score
    Well, I was going to leave this as an unknown, but I figured I should probably know the answer for future ship designs, soooo here it is. Turning on 3332 lights will not execute the logic bomb notification. 3333 lights will.

Reaction score
    And the same happens, when I try to open/close 3333 doors?

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    they do show for non-admins, going off a lot lately on LvD, always akward for the would be bomber (or some kind of door opening terrorist) when their location is broadcasted

Reactions: Wolflaynce