Captain Kirk & Red-Shirt Dave

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Captain Kirk & Red-Shirt Dave
    Want to play as Captain Kirk from Star Trek: The Original Series? Or maybe you want a Red shirt lacky to throw out the airlock?

Now you CAN!

The Skins were based off of the characters from "Star Trek: The Original Series" and the helms were based off of "23rd century Standard Issue Federation EV Suits" as those were the only images I could find where the actors from that specific series wore space suits/helms.

The files you will need are below. For BOTH this red shirt skin and Kirk's skin there was no emission/glowyness added, thus the emission files for the helms and skins are labeled: "NoEmission_em.png" The helm for the redshirt and Kirk is the same.

Kirk Skin: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/CaptainKirk_Skin.png

Red Shirt Dave (Red Shirt One): http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/RedShirtSkin.png

Emission for Both (Use for Helm and Skin on both): http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/NoEmission_em.png

Helm for Both: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/STOriginalSeriesHelm.png

Remember: To put in the images and wear either of these skins, you will need to click on the launcher, click "Start Game", find the "Modding" tab near the top of that next window, click "Create Custom Skin" and put in the correct files as indicated.

"Boldly go where no man has gone before" and have fun with these new skins!

(PS. I do plan to make Picard, and a matching Redshirt as well. I may also consider making a Spock skin, and possibly Data. If you want an alternative helm for this skin or have any further suggestions I may be able to make alternatives and other similar skins, but I cannot promise anything as my schedule doesn't always allow me the free time to make all the skins I would like to.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Looks simple, but beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    An excellent piece of work!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! My goal in making these skins is to try to capture something about the character, especially with the less 'generic' characters, because they have personalities and life stories, and I want to convey that personality and life through the skin of them as well. I do often find myself leaning towards the cleanliness of simplicity. Thank you again, all!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone! My goal in making these skins is to try to capture something about the character, especially with the less 'generic' characters, because they have personalities and life stories, and I want to convey that personality and life through the skin of them as well. I do often find myself leaning towards the cleanliness of simplicity. Thank you again, all!
    its nothing if we like a thing we like it ;)

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    Hi, I like this skin (red-shirt) for my NPC, you know what folder should I host it? thanks

Good work

Reaction score
    Hi, I like this skin (red-shirt) for my NPC, you know what folder should I host it? thanks

Good work
    If you replace the default Dave skin with this skin, your NPCs (and any player without a skin) would appear as red shirts. To do this, navigate to "StarMade\data\models\character" in your StarMade directory, then replace the files "playertex.png", "playertex_em.png", "playerhelm.png" and "playerhelm_em.png" with the ones of this skin. Bam, instant universe full of red shirts.

Enjoy killing them by the dozens! Would be especially funny in multiplayer, as anyone without a custom skin would look very... well, "expendable."

Reactions: socramazibi
    Reaction score
    If you replace the default Dave skin with this skin, your NPCs (and any player without a skin) would appear as red shirts. To do this, navigate to "StarMade\data\models\character" in your StarMade directory, then replace the files "playertex.png", "playertex_em.png", "playerhelm.png" and "playerhelm_em.png" with the ones of this skin. Bam, instant universe full of red shirts.

Enjoy killing them by the dozens! Would be especially funny in multiplayer, as anyone without a custom skin would look very... well, "expendable."
    So if I'm wearing the BroShep skin, all my crew will be also? Not sure how I feel about that.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty

Thanks for the help, Omni!

It would be awesome if we could give different NPC's different skins in the future, making different members of your crew more recognizable. ..Just saying. Thanks again! :D

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    So if I'm wearing the BroShep skin, all my crew will be also? Not sure how I feel about that.
    No, I think he means (if I understand it), that if you go in and replace all the Dave NPC skins with say the red shirt skin, so all NPCs that would use the Dave skin NOW use the red shirt skin, then well, all your Dave NPCs and players wearing the Dave skin (if in multiplayer) are now red shirts whether others like that or not! But anyone having their own custom skin will keep it, if you put in your own custom skin (like broshep) the normal way as instructed in these posts, only you will have that skin (unless someone else on your server does the same thing).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gotta love a classic Kirk skin. I remember a while back I had one of a redshirt, but its eyes were really really wide, so it looked hilarious.