Can't update Starmade

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When I try to update to the dev build, my launcher stays at 0%, and I have left it on for hours now. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: I see another post that uses steam, I do not use steam. I use the folder launch method. I have received no errors or any other usable information to troubleshoot the issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    When I try to update to the dev build, my launcher stays at 0%, and I have left it on for hours now. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: I see another post that uses steam, I do not use steam. I use the folder launch method. I have received no errors or any other usable information to troubleshoot the issue.
    You may need to re-install, or sometimes it's just a temporary bug with the new build (there is new stuff / code in the latest DevBuilds).
    It is possible to have several StarMade installs using the folder-method, I do it like this:

create top folder:
    \StarMade_2020

then create (2) sub-folders:
    \StarMade_2020\SM_2020_Game
    \StarMade_2020\SM_2020_Launcher

Extract the game-files / launcher-files into the appropriate folders, run the launcher and point it to the appropriate game-folder.

The latest builds here.
    The launcher here.

Don't forget to save / backup blueprints before deleting broken installs*
    \StarMade\blueprints

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kyoretsu
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You may need to re-install, or sometimes it's just a temporary bug with the new build (there is new stuff / code in the latest DevBuilds).
    It is possible to have several StarMade installs using the folder-method, I do it like this:

create top folder:
    \StarMade_2020

then create (2) sub-folders:
    \StarMade_2020\SM_2020_Game
    \StarMade_2020\SM_2020_Launcher

Extract the game-files / launcher-files into the appropriate folders, run the launcher and point it to the appropriate game-folder.

The latest builds here.
    The launcher here.

Don't forget to save / backup blueprints before deleting broken installs*
    \StarMade\blueprints
    [/QUOT/]

Thank you sir!