Can't seem to win a fight?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I've built over sixteen different ships now and I just cannot seem to win. Every time I come upon the Isanth, they rip my shields to shreds in seconds regardless of how many blocks I place and I am torn into chunks. Any tips for the aspiring pilot or is this game really as horribly unbalanced as it seems?

Reaction score
    I even tried buyable ships and its as if they DRAIN your shields. The best one I tried so sar was a colony ship.

Reaction score
    I would suggjest adding shields to inside hull, And to more parts. The less shields in one area means less shield power in that hull segment.

Reaction score
    No, it doesn\'t. Shields placed anywhere effect the whole ship equally.

Reaction score
    The default pirate ships are very easy, they only have 4(?) shield blocks so basically in a few shots you should be tearing right through their hull and core.

You either need more shields, or more damage... probably both if you plan on killing groups of them at once.

You should have 100+ shield blocks, you will have the fastest recharge (0.5 seconds after last damage taken) until 257 shield blocks. So with 256 you should have a good amount of shields, fast recharge, and low delay.

Also make sure you have a good amount of thrusters so you can maneuver during battle.

Reaction score
    If they get your shields down even to half, you\'re already doing it wrong. You have 2 options:

1) Make ship so big and powerful, that you can stand face-to-face with the enemy and blast it to bits in 2 seconds.

2) Make ship fast and agile, and evade enemy fire. Use strafing keys, A, D, Q, E, and Ctrl+mouse rolling to your advantage. Your ship thrust must be much bigger than ship\'s mass. I recommend full shield tanking so that you don\'t need to use hull-blocks to increase the mass.

Also antimatter cannons seem to be by far much more effective than any missiles. Make big groups of them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ^ This. Thank you sir. All of the other suggestions seemed a bit ludicrous, but I tried yours first. I won without a scratch. Took one down and took what was left as a trophy and parked it in my base.

Reaction score
    I decided to upload a video of me going at pirate exploration :) Sorry for no audio, use some of your own music if you want.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cQYqEp2Nc

Normally i don\'t risk myself for being so long in turret fire, and getting hurt that much. Enemy anti-matter came through my shields and decapacitated my turrets nearly unusable... With intact ship, 1 fleet of 5 isanth is pretty easy to take care of, in this case however... was it 8? After the video they had even more ships incoming o_O Took more than i could chew.

Reaction score
    You were fighting the group of pirates in a sector boundry which causes major issues with shields not reporting damage taken correctly. So your shields were probably much lower, or even completely removed vs what you saw on the GUI.