Can't get Turret to Dock *Solved*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I built a 10 x 10 x 10 array of turret dock enhancers below a turret dock, connected them all up. The green bounding box is enourmous. It is oriented up, I did that much right for sure. Yet no matter how small I make the ship, even just a 3 x 3 x 3 cube, I keep getting the message that my ship won't fit into the dock. I feel like I must be missing something really obvious. That, or the new version has a bug?

I claimed the station with a faction cube. Would that prevent the turret from docking if it didn't have one as well?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see your issue. You need a faction module on the turret.

The error messages are weird for docking and it should tell you that but most of the time the docking error is simply listed as incompatible.

I have a video on setting up turrets which may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJChEpY138M

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried putting a faction block on the turret and then just tried removing them from both the turret and the station altogether. The turret still won\'t dock and a get a message about it not fitting in the docking area.

Just to give you an idea of how big I made this and where I am trying to do it, http://imgur.com/ZD5xoWg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here was the misunderstanding. I though the face of the core where the arrow pointed from would be the one that would attach to the dock. I removed everything from the core and just docked with it and magically it worked, but it was the BOTTOM of the core that faced the dock, which is why there was stuff sticking down below and causing problems. Whew.