Bug Can't Get into Game because of shaders

Reaction score
    So I've been trying to get onto a server recently on my new laptop and I can' play the game past 30% when joining a server or creating as world it says there is an exception with atmospheric shaders. This is the error message that popped up.

RuntimeException: org.schema.schine.graphicsengine.shader.ShaderException:data\/shader/scanline.vert.glsl

I already updated my Intel graphics card to the newest version and I disabled the atmospheric shaders in the settings.cfg. I really wanted to play on this game but I have yet to be able to because of this issue please help this has been frustrating for me.

Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Type of PC: Acer spin 3

Reaction score
    Firstly what processor do you have? (And don’t say just i5/i7, I need to actual cpu number e.g. “i7 4700mq”). If you can tell me, I may be able to solve this issue through a registry edit like I did on my old laptop.

But just to be clear a cpu with an Intel 620 (intergrated graphics processor) isn’t really appropriate to play starmade... i doubt you’re going to get above 20 fps with the AI ships around, so even if you do manage to launch the game it may not be playable.

Reaction score
    The processor I am using is an Intel(R) Core i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core and I just want to be able to play the game period I'm not a big stickler when it comes to FPS this will at least run better than my of computer which had a 1.4GHz processor.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i do sincerely doubt you will have fun playing Starmade on that CPU.
    however ... usually the problem of these kinds are that the game isnt supporting Intel iGPUs and the shaders not being tested with them in mind.
    please get us the logfile of one of those crashes (logstarmade.0.log from the logs folder in your starmade install)
    drag and drop the file in here and i will forward it to Brent or Andy to take a look at it.