Cannot start the game. *Solved*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game looks great, but I can't even get it to start. I start the launcher as Administrator, get to connection setup without any problem, but upon trying to play Sandbox, I get an error:

"SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqld.persist.LockFile@56c12006[file =C:\Users\*\Desktop\Gaming\Games\StarMade\server-database\index\.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false,] method: openRAF reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\*\Desktop\Gaming\Games\StarMade\server-database\index\.lck (Access is denied.)"

This has "Retry" and "Exit" options at the bottom, along with a suggestion to terminate javaw.exe, all of which just close the program, and none of which fix the issue.

Also, there is an error behind that, that says "IOExceptionAccess is denied, with "Ok" and "Exit" options, and the window is unclickable.

Note: I have an AMD A-8 Quad-Core processor, 8GB of RAM, and a Radeon HD 7640G graphics card, the drivers of which are up to date. I have deleted StarMade, redownloaded, and still get this error.

Reaction score
    This happened to me as well but i have different specs on my computer. I bet its the game and doesnt have to do with the computer running it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I found the problem, it was an issue with either my antivirus or firewall.

EDIT: It was definitely a problem with my antivirus, as the exact same problem returned upon updating. Adding the new files to the trusted files list solved it.