Cannot select anything - TV connection

Reaction score
    Hello everyone,

I have a bug that I do not know how to fix. My desktop is connected to my lcd tv a via HDMI cable. When I play Starmade I cannot select any stations, buildings ect. Normally when you hover over a station, you can press F to select it and it's vitals will show up on a new tab. I can neither select nor highlight objects like this.

I tested it on my laptop and I can select things normally.

Something that might be related is when I play around with resolution on my Desktop connected to my TV most of the options result in Starmade's screen being too big or small, causing me to have to revert back via the settings document out of game (because I can't select certain menus anymore).

Additionally changing the resolution can alter the mouse pointer. For example My mouse pointer is on a enu button but when I click I am actually clicking much lower than where the pointer actually says. (This is in the game menus after changing the resolution).

I think this is all related but I don't know how to fix this. Not being able to select things in game on my desktop is :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make sure you're running the game in the Native resolution of your LCD TV. This will most likely be 1280 x 720 (HD) , 1920 x 1080 (full HD), or 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD, 4k).

... Also make sure your desktop is in the native resolution of the TV

Ensure the TV isn't using any overscan options (look for a zoom button on your TV remote)

Failing these, run the game in borderless window mode - make sure you disable fullscreen when selecting this option.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the advice.

The problem ended up being that I had turned off everything in my navigation filter. I could not select any entities because of this.