Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    IT WAS A J O K E
    I KNOW, AND A GLORIOUS JOKE IT IS
    [doublepost=1510822928,1510822776][/doublepost]In all seriousness, a new banner is being made to replace the 'eye-searing' current banner (quoted from Zyrr )

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    He's only part time, so he'll only answer on Mondays at 12:54

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    AND SO, HERE IS THE BEGINNING OF THOSE WEEKLY UPDATES.

We've recruited a couple of people to the team again; Zyrr, who is currently a general handyman in all elements of production, Lightspeed12 who is currently producing detailed civilian ships for a particular episode, and MeRobo who has kindly provided many RedEagle ships and failed prototypes to expand their fleet, as well as being available to play an extra if and when needed.

Work has started on producing a short teaser clip to showcase what we want to achieve. It will likely be a scene from the first episode.

Also, I have a bit of a dilemma: since it will take a *long* time to complete the scripts for the 17(!) planned episodes, would you lot prefer it if we simply produced and released the episodes individually, without having to worry about having the whole lot scripted at once? Mind you if I did it this way there could be wait times of months between each episode release...

That will be all for this week.

Reactions: The_Owl

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm a trekkie. I'm used to episodic sci-fi. That said, if completing the full script for the whole season makes a more consistant plot and results in higher end quality, I'm willing to wait. Real question is, will the scriptwriter burn out if he tries to pull the whole thing off at once?

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    if episodes are made and produced individually it makes more room for a cheap spinoff series.
    *Cough* if the pipe god emperor had a text to speech device

Reactions: madman Captain

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    if episodes are made and produced individually it makes more room for a cheap spinoff series.
    *Cough* if the pipe god emperor had a text to speech device
    But only with animated pictures, it make it more funny. Btw arent you our emporer and arent you actually speaks to us?
    Ohh, and we need Factionballs as actors. HAIL PIPE!

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    I'm a trekkie. I'm used to episodic sci-fi. That said, if completing the full script for the whole season makes a more consistant plot and results in higher end quality, I'm willing to wait. Real question is, will the scriptwriter burn out if he tries to pull the whole thing off at once?
    Not when there's more than one of them. Sure, co-writers poses a different problem, but it's my job to iron these out and to ensure consistency, fluidity and a high standard of screenwriting before the shooting starts and as quickly as possible. It'll still be a while, however. Hang tight, Bad Acting 2: Electric Boogaloo might actually be entertaining.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    weekly update when
    screw you :u shit's been happening outside of CE.

HERE'S THE WEEKLY UPDATE.

Sadly nothing's happened as many members of the team have been gearing up for a fleet battle event scheduled to happen tomorrow. We'll keep you posted on any developments though.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Come on, I need this quality starmade machinima in my life

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    RANDOM UPDATE, BECAUSE WHY NOT.

update when
    Come on, I need this quality starmade machinima in my life
    Scripts up to and including episode six are now complete. Plaz has been our chief scriptwriter so far, and I'm honestly quite impressed with his current writing ability (but not with his spelling lmao)

I've started consolidating assets into easy to organise .zip folders based on type and faction, which should streamline recording a little.

We're filming a teaser of sorts soon as well, because why not.