Read by Council Build Mode: Wireframe

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I guess we all know the struggle when you're building your ship and you can't proper see what you're doing. Enabling the lighten-mode makes it most of the time even worse.

Something relative simple to help us all out would be a 'Wireframe'-mode in addition to the lighten-mode. We already have a similar system to highlight blocks, namely the build helper.

Just to clarify what I mean:

Reactions: JNC
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Most definitely this. It can be quite difficult sometimes to differentiate between different walls/slopes in the right light conditions with standard armor. Or perhaps it would be simpler to alter the texture for standard armor, but the wireframe would work even with other textures that might do the same.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The lighten system actually has the capability to work properly, see BearishMushroom 's lightier lighten mod (or whatever he called it) for that. As such, I don't think that a wire frame is really necessary (assuming that the lighten mode gets fixed).

There's also the fact that it could potentially cause massive lag (try big shapes with the build helper).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I, for one, would not mind wireframes in "lighten" mode. It is build-mode only, and I won't use that mode for screen shots. It could be a client-side configuration option.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The lighten system actually has the capability to work properly, see BearishMushroom 's lightier lighten mod (or whatever he called it) for that. As such, I don't think that a wire frame is really necessary (assuming that the lighten mode gets fixed).

There's also the fact that it could potentially cause massive lag (try big shapes with the build helper).
    I really think that the Lightier Lighten Mod should be included as standard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be absolutely glorious for when your trying to place a glass hepta amongst other glass parts.

Lighten mode doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect in certain views.
    Make sure it applies to the block preview too.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yea especially with glass and crystal armor a wireframe mode would help imense.