[BUG] Speed direction change near planet

Reaction score
    When I go straight forward to a planet at some point my ship instantly changes direction of it's speed vector i.e. ship goes forward -> comes through some invisible border -> moves perpendicularly to previous direction -> comes through barrier back -> changes direction to original. View angle is always the same, only speed direction switches.
    I don't remember effects like this in previous patches. Is it fixable?

Reaction score
    about the only way to avoid this in my experience is to warp into the planet's sector directly and hope you don't warp into the planet core... its another well known issue that should be fixed sometime....

Reaction score
    I hope they will totally rework planets ASAP - right now they are loading for few minutes first time, look ugly and buggy as hell.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I hope they will totally rework planets ASAP - right now they are loading for few minutes first time, look ugly and buggy as hell.
    So far we've gone from disc-planets:

to Cubes:

To whatever the hell this is:

To Sphere-like:

To community created ones (this one looks absolutly rad btw, props to the creator. I would love a download link :)))))

To my try at a planet:

To more nuts community content:

To dodecahedrons:

I dare say we've certiantly improved :P

Sadly planets are still quite buggy/laggy :,( It remains a constant challenge to optimise and improve them.

Also, from last year:

New planets is already being worked on. We have no plans to go back to disc planets.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Macharius
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Obviously you haven't realized how fun they are to do graffiti on with smaller mining arrays and heavy cannon.