Suggestion Bring back chat.

Bring back chat?

• YES

• No

• No we dont have enough moderators to moderate chat

• Yes, chat doesnt need moderators, it's never that bad anyway.

• meh I dont give a pumpkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Chat was our lovely little place where we members would meet up and have our chats. occasionally new members would pop in and request our help which we gladly gave. Now they need to go look elsewhere for some easy help.
    Bring back the chat, it helped make the forum seem more alive.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I never saw lack of moderation as an issue with chat. No one really broke rules there. It really seems like they just want to police and censor people a lot more and don't have the moderator numbers to do that to chat. I mean, just for example, I now have to get all my posts approved by mods because I broke rules that were made AFTER I made my posts. What the hell's up with that? I won't be surprised if this post never sees the light of day.

Does anyone know why you can only like posts o_O....
    Did they remove the rest?
    They've only disabled adding them, not flat out removed them like they did with some older ratings a while back. Hopefully they don't fully remove them and end up at least re-implementing agree and disagree.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thats pretty ridiculous Lecic
    According to the news post you should not suffer any consaquences for previous material, only a notification that it's no longer appropiate.

Non

Reaction score
    Thats pretty ridiculous Lecic
    According to the news post you should not suffer any consaquences for previous material, only a notification that it's no longer appropiate.
    Did you really think they were telling the truth?

Crusade got 40 points for a dumb holocaust joke he made on Debs minefield CC upload.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    well deserved... that's a piece of history no one should make any fun of.
    Well desrved, but against the SMD new moderation rules.
    Only warnings, and no points/bans are to be given to old material under the new rules.

Not to mention all of this was done by Duke Of Relms, who "steped down" by has still maintained his mod privliges.

Non

Reaction score
    well deserved... that's a piece of history no one should make any fun of.
    "it's like a portable gas chamber. jew/10"
    Thats what Crusade said, and if you've read the other reviews on that CC, it's pretty well in line.
    [doublepost=1517713546,1517713357][/doublepost]one stop shop for making people quit the game
    The CC piece Crusade's review was on.
    [doublepost=1517714104][/doublepost]Sorry for the triple post of partially unrelated content, but Thingie has also coincidentally lost the ability interact with people on the dock without points or any kind of notification. So the old moderation team members have suddenly and simultaneously lost the ability to talk to us.

G

GDPR 302420

Hostility I
    So the old moderation team members have suddenly and simultaneously lost the ability to talk to us.
    First they make rules specifically to ban any thread that questions moderation at all and paints them as anything but the second coming of jesus, then they get to work banning anyone who they deem a threat to their image of perfect, flawless moderators.

Crusade and Thingie were moderators and had more knowledge about what was going on behind the scenes more than anyone else and even testified in public about what was going on, they spoke out and thus were considered a threat and were removed as soon as a decent excuse became avaliable.

Crusade's ban had nothing to do with "racist remarks" and had everything to do with him being someone who was willing to testify against moderation. If the ban had anything to do with racist remarks then he would have been banned while the old rules were in place and within days of posting it.

Reactions: wafflepie and Lecic
    Reaction score
    Only warnings, and no points/bans are to be given to old material under the new rules.

Not to mention all of this was done by Duke Of Relms, who "steped down" by has still maintained his mod privliges.
    Shine said:
    Transitionary Period:
    • All content before new rules will still be held accountable to the old rules, warnings appropriate to old rules may be issued (and if directly exchangeable, will be applied under new rules).
    • All content before new rules will receive warnings under the new rules. However, no points will be issued, and no moderation action will be taken on those that post them. These 0 point warnings will not count towards the tier system and will not affect the user. They exist to notify the poster that this material is no longer acceptable under the Terms of Service and Rules. Additionally, we no longer delete most rule violating content (Tier II and below). Instead, a notice is displayed on the content stating the rule it breaks (or broke). Because of this, warnings are also needed for old content to display this notice.
    It seems the second line is a bit misunderstood here. this only affects content that was not in direct violation of the old rules but is now. The first point has always priority over the second.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10

First in the SM memes thread, now here. I thought we already resolved this issue of on topic rule following posts being randomly deleted by mods?

How do the mods have time to randomly hassle us like this all the time but not have time to moderate chat?

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

First in the SM memes thread, now here. I thought we already resolved this issue of on topic rule following posts being randomly deleted by mods?

How do the mods have time to randomly hassle us like this all the time but not have time to moderate chat?
    ✔