Bring back Capacitors and Jump Modules as Decorative Blocks

Reaction score
    I'm upset that the devs removed their textures in the new update. Those were fantastic blocks that had a variety of decorative uses. In fact, they were my favorite decorative blocks in the game, especially in mechanical or dimly lit builds because of their colors and animations. I'm not asking to bring the blocks themselves back, but I want the textures to return in new decorative blocks so we can continue to use them in our builds.

Non

Reaction score
    How many threads have you created in the last 24 hours?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    +1
    Why was this not considered?
    I thought the devs wanted to be more inclusive of RP Ships and now they're slamming them with a ***** sledgehammer o_O>....
    Please no nerf prettyness!!!!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, they specifically said that they were going to leave the old textures as decorative blocks!

I was rather miffed to find them missing, as I used a lot of those as decorative elements as well.

Reaction score
    How many threads have you created in the last 24 hours?
    I think around ten (minus a few that were already implemented without my realization due to inadequate googling and testing)
    [doublepost=1513352378,1513352344][/doublepost]
    I think around ten (minus a few that were already implemented without my realization due to inadequate googling and testing)
    And that's for the last 72 hours, not 24

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why were the capacitors removed?
    They aren't needed under the current system.

The reason we had them before was because weapons required all of the energy up front to fire. If you wanted a 10 million damage nuke missile to fire, you had to have the energy capacity to shoot it off all at once.

New system basically builds the capacitors into the various systems directly. They have a recharge rate that fills them up, and they're ready to fire once they're filled. Big energy spikes have been replaced by steady draws. Makes it easier to judge power needs up front, and prevents your weapons from being disabled by a lucky hit to the capacitors. They'll still fire even if you don't have enough energy, they just recharge slower.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    They aren't needed under the current system.

The reason we had them before was because weapons required all of the energy up front to fire. If you wanted a 10 million damage nuke missile to fire, you had to have the energy capacity to shoot it off all at once.

New system basically builds the capacitors into the various systems directly. They have a recharge rate that fills them up, and they're ready to fire once they're filled. Big energy spikes have been replaced by steady draws. Makes it easier to judge power needs up front, and prevents your weapons from being disabled by a lucky hit to the capacitors. They'll still fire even if you don't have enough energy, they just recharge slower.
    Ah ok. But maybe they could be reused as emergency rechargeable batteries for when your ship's main reactor is disabled and you need an extra boost of power to bring a critical system back online when your other reactor doesn't start up quick enough? Maybe not a good idea since that would make killing things harder and some ships are op anyways.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah ok. But maybe they could be reused as emergency rechargeable batteries for when your ship's main reactor is disabled and you need an extra boost of power to bring a critical system back online when your other reactor doesn't start up quick enough? Maybe not a good idea since that would make killing things harder and some ships are op anyways.
    There are basically chambers that do this.

You can also specify the order in which things are powered, so you can already have the ship automatically shut down non-critical systems if there's a power crunch.