Planned Blueprint Ships " TO GO"

Reaction score
    Hello there!

After starting a few new single player "none creative" games i mentioned that buying a ship from a blueprint without "adminloading" it, could be a bit time expensive and irritating from time to time.
    When start up from scratch the player probably won't have early access to a station with factory and shipyard, but still has reasons for buying a couple of ships out of his (or her) blueprints. May it be because of an attack, or to build a fleet.

Now to make this process a bit more floating and enjoyable, i would suggest the possibility to see the stuff needet for a certain blueprint at shops. It could be a simple "side box" where you choose a blueprint that lies in your inventory by a drop down menu and then it shows you a simple have/needed table. After the purchase is done the "add all" function of the blueprint will do the rest quite well.

Reaction score
    Even just a suggestion suggested a while back, about "Shopping Lists", a suggested meta item that holds a list that you can write down in-game, then go to a shop and click one or two buttons to buy everything on the list. Blueprints and designs would be integrated into this "Shopping List" item, as in you can take missing contents from a blueprint or shipyard design and add them to this list.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    A good suggestion is worth repeating. :)

This is a perfect example of improvements that would reduce tedium. There is no good argument for RP or depth or whatever that can support the current, frustrating BP being so....dumb.

IRL we don;t fly spaceships, but we do have smart-phones that can copy grocery-list text and sent it to an online grocer...for delivery.

This very much needs to happen. All this talk about 'learning curves' and difficulty ramp for new players...when what is needed is to remove the pointless aspects of tasks. :mad:

-Shopping lists. How about a meta-item?

1-I can use it at a shop...
    2-Shipyard.
    3-Hand it to my crew or someone I am trading with.
    4-Leave it in storage.
    5-Data dump onto display. (Wanted/Reward)
    6-Fill able...like a BP? (Tracks mass like cargo does.)
    7-Offer it as loot.
    8-Use it as a transferable filter for pulls.

Reaction score
    This very much needs to happen. All this talk about 'learning curves' and difficulty ramp for new players...when what is needed is to remove the pointless aspects of tasks. :mad:

-Shopping lists. How about a meta-item?
    While i can fully understand the potency of such Shopping Lists i was searching for a way to make things easier and faster. I think for a new and absolutely unexperienced player it is already a problem to fully understand the multiple options of blueprints (and find the menu). Now in my opinion it is not the best way to give this player yet another item with also multiple options to interact with blueprints. I thought about something that gives the player informations without forcing him to interact. Like an additionally window in the Shop Menu.

"3-Hand it to my crew or someone I am trading with." That's not a huge difference to hand out your actual blueprint to this player, or not?

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    "3-Hand it to my crew or someone I am trading with." That's not a huge difference to hand out your actual blueprint to this player, or not?
    To me it is. If I met a stranger in a RP world and gave them my wish list of Mats I would risk nothing. But giving them the plans to my 'HMS Rule the Galaxy' would require some vetting or at least a non-disclosure agreement...a reference from a reputable space-pirate...two pieces of I.D. and a 27B/6 form.

Reaction score
    To me it is. If I met a stranger in a RP world and gave them my wish list of Mats I would risk nothing. But giving them the plans to my 'HMS Rule the Galaxy' would require some vetting or at least a non-disclosure agreement...a reference from a reputable space-pirate...two pieces of I.D. and a 27B/6 form.
    Well you could make it a bit easier by asking for the newer blue Version of the 27B/6 form instead of the brown one. Everyone knows §57b on the Brown form is a bit outdated.
    But you still got a point with this. Also a Shop Window like i mentioned maybe could work well together with Shopping Lists. When you could "drop down choose" either a Blueprint or a Shopping List at such a Shop Window it could show you informations of the contained Items and amount to Buy.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    very good idea. simple and straight forward. I'll pass this on to the council

Reactions: davejos
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hai,
    Congrats! This suggestion has been recognised by the council and the devs, it has been added to the phabricator workflow. You can check out all the accepted suggestions that have been added to the planned list over here Group Council · Workboard
    (you have to scroll all the way to the right to see them)

I hope many more fine suggestions will come from you.

For reference:
    ⚓ T1643 Blueprint resource shopping lists/Buy all ingredients button

Feel free to signup and subscribe to the task to get e-mail notifications once it hits release/dev-builds.

- Andy

Reactions: Lukwan