Blocks/Chunks not loading/ivisible

Reaction score
    When playing the game, blocks and chunks turn invisible but still have their collision boxes, parts of shops and stations go invisible, and planets don't load. Please help with this!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    What hardware are you using? (CPU,GPU, ram size, 64bitOS0?)
    add your settings.cfg from the starmade folder and the graphcisinfo.txt from Starmade/logs here with the upload file button.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    karstenes hi again. i am collecting data on this problem. it seems to be associated with Intel iGPUs and the new builds of starmade. as of now i do not have a clue what is causing this (and cant do testing myself in lack of an intel GPU). i will transfer this to the development as fast as possible. i have this thread on the watch list and will answer when i know more.

edit ... to play single player you could try to roll back to an older Version (.189994 or something before that )

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    karstenes hi again. i am collecting data on this problem. it seems to be associated with Intel iGPUs and the new builds of starmade. as of now i do not have a clue what is causing this (and cant do testing myself in lack of an intel GPU). i will transfer this to the development as fast as possible. i have this thread on the watch list and will answer when i know more.

edit ... to play single player you could try to roll back to an older Version (.189994 or something before that )
    this same thing has started happening to me (now that i got it fixed thx for the help) but as far as i can tell it is just the paid steam version since my free one still works but the paid one does not

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Dragon2000 ... really the Steam version of the same number is causing grafics glitches for you and the webside install works fine ? (each same .189997 version ?)

Reaction score
    What hardware are you using? (CPU,GPU, ram size, 64bitOS0?)
    add your settings.cfg from the starmade folder and the graphcisinfo.txt from Starmade/logs here with the upload file button.
    Yeah I've been having this problem as well. It's definitely with the intel core, and the graphics drivers but intel is very stubborn with it's graphics updater. I have about the same specs as the user reporting the problem.

http://gyazo.com/f1190c4a4539d2325015d721d3af8594

Evidence of the chunk problems ^^

Reaction score
    yep that's the problem. I have the latest drivers (I updated them today) and I will try that version. Also I did a complete re-install
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425934268,1425934156][/DOUBLEPOST]oh and i'm using the download version (I did buy it on the website)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Hello again.

After some testing and seeing the problem on my system and using Lancakes working settings.cfg on my system, please try the following: delete your settings.cfg, start into the game and exit to generate a new settings.cfg, open that new one and change that line as follows "G_USE_VBO_MAP = false". Start the game and see if it works and then fine tune the other settings. Please tell us if that works.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello again.

After some testing and seeing the problem on my system and using Lancakes working settings.cfg on my system, please try the following: delete your settings.cfg, start into the game and exit to generate a new settings.cfg, open that new one and change that line as follows "G_USE_VBO_MAP = false". Start the game and see if it works and then fine tune the other settings. Please tell us if that works.
    Works great now thanks i have played starmade for a while so i am glad i can now use the payed version again thank you

Reaction score
    Hello guys, I am getting the same problem, I have chunks of my station and ships and they are still there but they are invisible.
    I have a 4gb Ram

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Did you try this:
    "After some testing and seeing the problem on my system and using Lancakes working settings.cfg on my system, please try the following: delete your settings.cfg, start into the game and exit to generate a new settings.cfg, open that new one and change that line as follows "G_USE_VBO_MAP = false". Start the game and see if it works and then fine tune the other settings. Please tell us if that works."

if yes. Please add your settings.cfg from the starmade folder and the graphcisinfo.txt from Starmade/logs here with the upload file button.
    You may have to rename the cfg to .txt to upload
    What hardware are you using? (CPU,GPU,64bitOS?)

Reaction score
    That does not work. I have i7 3630QM CPU @2.40GHZ 8gb Ram

I know not very good specs but this laptop is fairly old and i dont have the budget to get a better one