Block placement and broadsides

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While tinkering with a capital ship design, I discovered something disappointing. You see, I was designing my ship to fire shots broadside, but when testing my weapon systems, I discovered that rotating the weapon blocks does not affect output direction. I found the same applies to the SD cockpit block.

Suggestion: Allow certain blocks to operate based on direction. Having an SD cockpit as a rearview camera would be awesome. Placing gravity blocks upside down would be great shenanigans and it would be glorious if we had broadside capabilities.

Anyone know of any other blocks that could benefit from directional operation?

Reaction score
    Good ideas. Broadsides would be awesome, and would of course need SD cockpits to work properly to be effective. Engines could also benefit greatly from this if they could be turned on and off.

It would also be hilarious to find someone\'s momentarily empty ship and switch all the thrusters around.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great idea the cockpit one would be awesome for docking and reversing! but my favorate idea is the gravity blocks that would be lots of fun i can imagine spacestation/ship traps with gravity blocks that chuck you into lasers or spikes..... if there was only laser or spike blocks lol.....great thinking! +10000000000000000 from me