Block ID List (with dynamic filtering)

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This is something that I've been working on sporadically, a block ID list which can be filtered by block name (it updates dynamically as you type). It also contains the new blocks from the latest patch, I will continue to update it with new blocks as patches are released.

http://nblear.com/geckofleetworks/blocklist/ (updated 12/07/14)

(If you have display issues, I suggest you use the Chrome browser @ 1920 x 1080 until I stop being lazy and fix the cross browser issues...)

To be done:
    • More list functions (clear shortlist, etc...)
    • Make it more cross browser compatible
    • Mobile app version?
    • Admin command list using the same system?
    All feedback is welcome!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This is so helpful! Thank you for making it. A mobile version would be very much appreciated so people wont have to tab out of Starmade.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Nice tool,
    but may you check that custom list feature? (Clicking + doesn't do anything for me on the blocks, only one the 'headers'. Tried, Chrome and IE)

Also cool:
    Fold all in, type name, and see categories with matches green, others red. That's really nice.

Do you feed it with the files delivered by star-made or need to do a regular conversion manually?

- Andy

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Tomino_sama This is a good place to be just now.

I love the page setup. It's just right for about any screen and a quick way to get the block you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Nice tool,
    but may you check that custom list feature? (Clicking + doesn't do anything for me on the blocks, only one the 'headers'. Tried, Chrome and IE)

Also cool:
    Fold all in, type name, and see categories with matches green, others red. That's really nice.

Do you feed it with the files delivered by star-made or need to do a regular conversion manually?

- Andy
    The custom list is in my 'to do' list, it's actually mostly done but buggy, so I've disabled it in the live version until I get it working.

All data is from my own XML file to which I manually added all the blocks and ids using the old wiki page and the block editor, it just skims through and picks out all the partially matching block names and populates the lists by category.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Great Bookmarking now. I love the new hype up in Third Party Software. This is making Starmade a newer and better experience

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Noticed something its missing Hardened Black Hull Corner ID

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This great, thanks! That search feature makes it much better than just the wall of text that we had on the old forums and it's been updated to boot.

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    New Features!
    • Shortlist - Add your most frequently used blocks via the '+' button to a more easily accessed list.
    • Permalinking - Want to use your shortlist for your next StarMade session? Create a bookmark to save it!
    The list has been updated with all of the new blocks added in the 1.5 patch. I've tested each new ID, but there is always the possibility that I've missed something so let me know if you find an error and I'll fix it asap. It's a bit wonky when adding blocks to the shortlist too fast, so just be aware of that.

I've also shuffled some categories and blocks around for easier reading and more consistent list sorting. I decided that glass blocks belonged in the 'Decorative' category more than anywhere else, as well as the new crystals and ore ingots. 'Heat-Seeking' and 'Bunker-Busting' missiles have been moved to the 'Obsolete' category.

Last edited:

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Looking good minus a few missing things. I hope you continue to host this forever! :D

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Looking good minus a few missing things. I hope you continue to host this forever! :D
    Missing things? I'm open to suggestions :D
    Also the hosting is prepaid for a year, so it will be up for at least that long.

Reaction score
    Thanks a lot for your work. However, you might want to add a small pic of the texture for each block ( like when you don't know which to use to decorate, you have an overall preview )

Reaction score
    Most up-to-date list, juch thanks for that. I do agree that a preview image would be very nice and helpful. I find it much easier and faster to look at a preview image then reading the whole name of something to find out if its what I want or not.

Xeo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thanks a lot for your work. However, you might want to add a small pic of the texture for each block ( like when you don't know which to use to decorate, you have an overall preview )
    Most up-to-date list, juch thanks for that. I do agree that a preview image would be very nice and helpful. I find it much easier and faster to look at a preview image then reading the whole name of something to find out if its what I want or not.
    The thing with images/textures for each block is that the search function becomes less responsive and slows down the page loading when it has to load individual images for 300+ blocks every time you enter a letter. Searching is kind of brute forced at the moment but I have a few ideas for improving it which would allow me to add images for each block without slowing it down too much. I am by no means an expert in programming, so it may take me a while :D

Reaction score
    The thing with images/textures for each block is that the search function becomes less responsive and slows down the page loading when it has to load individual images for 300+ blocks every time you enter a letter. Searching is kind of brute forced at the moment but I have a few ideas for improving it which would allow me to add images for each block without slowing it down too much. I am by no means an expert in programming, so it may take me a while :D
    That's all we can ask for. Regardless of images or no images, it is still the best list ive seen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you only have it load the first 4 images or whatever, then you'd be fine.