Binvox/SMedit ships/building/things

Reaction score
    Hello,

I just recently learned how to use SMedit to import binvox files. Thanks to Tomino for the video tutorials!! Just thought I'd post some of my binvox "builds" (I say builds because they are all empty shells and unpainted so theres much more to be done)

1 thing I've learned is that this really only works with larger builds as Binvox has a tough time voxelizing "small" ships. The smallest ships on this page are over 100 meters long! It couldnt capture any of the detail with anything smaller... (if anybody has some tricks to work around this I'd love to hear)

P.S. Please feel free to post your Binvox/SMedit creations on this page! I'd love to see what you've managed to do with this AWESOME tool.

Oh and thanks to jo for making SMedit!!

heres the Tutorial videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-CelGwKe8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbJty39iOiBRkSAIo25uGwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUPBh0QJPK8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbJty39iOiBRkSAIo25uGwg

first up... a tank (i think its from somewhere but its not a real tank)

Another Tank. This is the M1 Abrams main battle tank.

USS Nimitz class carrier (~1/1 scale)

A space sword

The "Valdris" (another sword that looks like a cool ship)

Yet ANOTHER sword. This one was called a Demon sword. Its a bulls head w/ a blade as the tongue

YF23 fighter plane (its like 10/1 scale)

The ship Tomino used in his tutorial. The Daedalus from SG (this one came out VERY well, not sure why)

Another SG ship: The Beliskner mothership. ~1/2scale (the missing pieces are because my comp cant load the whole thing as its around 500 meters long) I do have a 1/1 scale copy on file but again my comp cant handle it.

a SPACE BUGATTI???? WHHHHAAATTTT???? I WANT ONE!!! lol ;)

The "Kronos"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This stuff is great. It kinda looks like you loaded some kind of 3D model into the game. If you really built all of this in a legitim way, respect!

Reaction score
    No I used binvox and SMedit to upload 3d models into the game. They are great tools and I recommend everyone learns to use them!

But if I HAD built them from the ground I would be a god of building lol.

Reaction score
    Any chance you got that last one to come out hollow? and if so would you be willing to upload it?

Reaction score
    @Angelusnex yes it is in fact hollowed out. Its still needs to be cleaned up a bit. But if wanted i can easily upload a hull-only.

@trollerbobman most of them will at some point be converted into ships. Although id gladly upload the hull-only versions if anybody wants a particular one. Im currently working on the kronos

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The one who actually made those tutorials already posted that info :P This is getting repetitive.

Reaction score
    Well i reposted the info only to give credit. Not to be annoying. im just trying to showcase whats possible with these programs

Reaction score
    If you can do this with the stargate city of atlantis for something like 1/3 scale would be great or a little less.... bigger will crash everything for now ^^. Just the hull is good, easy to export. i will do all the modif to make it look good. because i already worked on one on this size but i give up, too hard... more than 50 hours and just the basic shape is done and already 120 000 in mass.... still need easy 200 more hour to finish. your program will help me save at least 150 hours lol ^^

Reaction score
    @Skorpiokill this is doable. But this is not my program. It was written by someone else. Im just showing off what it can do.

Reaction score
    the scale is 3300 meters in diameters in 1/1, so what i was looking for is max 1000m. The one i was building is 870m and my computer was handling it perfectly. just the server i begin build it crashed a lot if i attack someone or hit planets ^^.

So basicly 1000 meters or 1/3 so 1100 meters would be good and easier to make in the parameters of the blueprint than 3/10 lol. i will work on it on private and when it is finish and the game is more stable i will be able to play with it ^^

Reaction score
    @Jim-dandy cool thanks. Ifigured it was from somewhere...

@Skorpio. Hmm well the max that binvox can do is 1024 meters. I can eaily make a model for you and upload it.

Reaction score
    I found on scifi meshes that they have a good 3d of the city so if you can do one at the max size it would be perfect.

Otherwise i tried to download the tool but only give me the old version, tried to find smedit.jar but the one on starmademultiverse is blocked by china, i found one but with it even the last update give me the old version. how to do? i cannot acces youtube because i am in china and it suck the vpn.

thanks

Reaction score
    @matheus cool thanks for letting me know. I didnt know where it was from. Im not much of a trekkie sorry lol. But i thought it hada cool shape for a ship so i plan on making into one.