Binding Hotkeys

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    When you're in the middle of combat and need to adjust your engine settings, it can be devastating to have to open the thrust menu and play with the settings, while you're getting shot at.
    What I'm proposing is to have the ability to bind things to different hotkeys, like saving a certain thruster configuration, or having a button to open your hangar doors. While remotes can be added into the hotbar, it still takes time, and it also takes up space that might be needed for another system. When there are several hangars, or other such systems, it can take up a LOT of space.

This would allow everyone to manage their ship much more smoothly, and potentially make combat more involved than simply outshooting the enemy ship

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wish we could key bind or at least hotbar items in the structure list. Hate having to manually reset or toggle AI on/off for turrets. So time consuming. Would be better to attach to a Ship Remote and then I could use in hotbar.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, toggling AI's is another thing that would be handy. Basically all the things in the systems tab that take forever to find and change.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    As an added bonus: hotkeys mean less time spent in dreaded Menutropia, Schines greatest nemesis. It is dark nether-region of space where blocks do not exist and pilots are trapped in a labyrinth of columns & lines of ancient script. Confused and dehydrated the wanderers invariably succumb to tedium & loneliness while they click and poke and dream of companion-crates.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This would be something that would go well in the in new radial menu.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This would be something that would go well in the in new radial menu.
    Maybe a magical block connected to the Radial menu, that you can configure to a toggle an item based on some variable entry or something.
    Perhaps a binary associated with a radial menu option.

Eh, I don't know. My brain is fried right about now.