Beyond the Stars: A upcoming Starmade short story.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    As the title implies i am working on a short story for Star-made, particularly my view on the events that led to the downfall of civilization on Vivacitas. (Which is a now defunct Starmade RP server, used to be one of the largest.) And now, a snippet from my writing.

As Katyusha watched the view screen from inside her heavy Templar-class Point Defense Corvette, she knew what was coming. The final battle to determine if the colony ships made it from the system or not. A massive fleet of Vecordian Shipworks's ships, sold around the systems that made up the two great empires. Pirates, Bugs, all working together to ruin the shining beacons of humanity known as Lunaris and Solaris. The Solaris Federation, And Lunaris. The two great nations that split off from Terra herself to create a vast interstellar empire. Two systems colonised and inhabited. Only a small portion of those in those two systems would be leaving. Evacuated on two colony ships to ensure the continuation of humanity. Gathered with Katyusha in formation were the Lunaris Defense Force and Rendii Defense Force, along with Solarian Battlecruisers. The aliens they had made contact with could offer no help. They were too far away to help. As the bug fleet drew near, Katyusha's FoF system kicked in, marking the hostiles and her allies. Missiles streaked across the void and exploded on energy shields, fighters dodged in and out as the approaching armada encountered th heaviest resistance mankind could offer.

Failure was not an option.

Failure is not an option.

And that's all for now folks! More to come...eventually!

Reactions: tn44
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Whoa, hey, looking forward to this! Just a heads up that there is a post limit now, so hosting the story externally might be a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    A short story about the endtimes of one of the largest RP servers that existed for Starmade, Vivacitas, and it’s downfall.

Chapter One: Silent Void

Katyusha had just gotten off the transport to the checkpoint station-located between Solaris and Lunaris space. Her tiny cargo freighter had been attacked and annihilated aside from her small, damaged escape pod which barely had enough power to make it to a SRN patrol and be rescued. The one thing that addled her mind most was finding employment-she needed living space and food, usually, a ship would provide this. She put out a call over the frequencies: “Katyusha Vozlikia here, anyone looking for an Engineer?”
    There was no reply.
    Well, crap.
    She pulled up a Starmap on her small datapad, looking at the two Blue and Red bubbles, along with a small Green one. Blue apparently represented Lunaris, the more ecological of the two powers, and Solaris, the more industrial and definitely more navally equipped than Lunaris.
    The green one was marked as Jade Sky, a independent colony that simply seeked sovereignty and peace.
    She knew little of this cluster, always having been a spacer, born aboard a ship and never really visited planets, let alone settle down on one. She put out a call over the radio once again. “Anyone selling ships?” A enthusiastic reply from Axel Ixalite-LDF Admiral and CEO of Associated Industries, her Datapad identified.
    “Why yes! Associated Industries happens to have a number of vessels for sale!”
    “Ah, your shipyard location?”
    “5, 6 ,3.”
    “Im on my way.”
    Katyusha quickly purchased a small shuttlepod from the Trading Guild station near the checkpoint station, she quickly booted the small shuttles systems and entered the coordinates, boosting off at a powerful speed which quickly took her to the Associated Industries station-A massive yard full of ships that were being repaired, obviously with patch-work done to their hulls.
    Ixalite greeted her enthusiastically, not at all phased by the spacer’s massive size of 7’6 feet tall.
    “Welcome! Please, come see our selection of vessels!”
    Katyusha nodded, following along as he showed her a small ship-not her kind of ship, small, cramped, featureless aside from a standard four-meter long self-defense array. It did not pass her inspection, with the hull mostly being held together by patchwork.
    Another vessel caught her eye however-quickly identified as a Vecordian Fleetworks Drige-class assault Frigate. She pointed over towards it, and inquired as to the price.
    “Ah, that one? Nine million.”
    She was shocked by the cost, the ship was barely held together by a patchwork of what seemed to be quick-sealing metal foam and polymer hull-patches. She sighed.
    “I don’t have that many credits on me, could i possibly put it on lay-away, or even try lower the price?”
    “Well, you can pay it in installments, yes.”
    Continued on next page.
    Katyusha was shocked by the total cost of it all, it was insane.
    She couldn’t make one million a week! That was the life of a rich person! She’d just arrived in the cluster and was poor, with only 25,000 credits to her name.
    Then an opportunity showed up, joining the Solaris Royal Navy.

Perfect.

She quickly called up the SRN Vice Admiral, Victor Lucien.
    “I heard you were looking for recruits?”
    “Indeed, we are.”
    “I’d like to join up, but the issue is, i have a ship i can not pay off.”
    “And?”
    “Well, i am willing to offer a year of service in the SRN to pay it off.”
    “Hrm, seems like a deal, beware, if you go against this agreement you will become a criminal.”
    “I understand, completely.”
    As Katyusha flew off in her ship, thoughts stirred in her mind..

To be continued.

Reactions: HaggisPK and tn44